TrailBlazer Two Tone paint (OEM)

BaDAppLe

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
I have a 2006 TB LT 2LT (I think) that has metallic Emerald jewel/Silverstone metallic paint. I starting thinking I rarely see any two tone TB in my area. Does anyone know if they had to be ordered? Anyone have any production numbers regarding two tone paint? I would love to hear what year, colors,model your two toned TrailBlazers are? I also would like to know if my TB is a LT 2LT? I have added my build sheet below. Thanks

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer*
Vin: 1GNDT13S362159157

*IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.
1SE - LT PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP 2 * LEATHER APPOINTED SEATING, 8-WAY PWR PSGR & PWR LUMBAR * LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHL W/AUDIO CONTROLS * POWER OSRV MIRRORS - HEATED * RR SEAT RADIO & HVAC CONTROLS * DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER * AUTO CLIMATE CONTROLS * REVERSIBLE CARGO MAT
1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS
282 - LIGHT GRAY
28I - INT TRIM LT GRAY/DK GRAY
38U - EMERALD JEWEL MET/SILVERSTONE
67L - SILVERSTONE METALLIC
6HP - SUSPENSION
7HP - SUSPENSION
8NT - SUSPENSION
9NT - SUSPENSION
AAB - MEMORY DRIVER CONVENIENCE PKG
AJ1 - TINTED GLASS
AK5 - DRIVER & RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG
AL0 - SENSOR INF RESTR, CHILD DETECT
AM9 - SPLIT FOLDING REAR SEAT BACK
AR9 - FRT BUCKET SEAT, DELUXE
AU0 - KEYLESS REMOTE DOOR LOCK
AXP - MPV VIN IDENT POSITION
B30 - CARPETING, COLOR-KEYED
B32 - FLOOR MATS, FRONT AND REAR
B33 - REAR COLOR KEYED FLOOR MATS
B42 - REVERSIBLE CARGO MAT
B86 - MOLDING B/S COLOR
BVE - RUNNING BOARDS
C49 - REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
C5N - GVW RATING - 5750 LBS
CF5 - ELECTRIC SUNROOF
CJ2 - AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
DAY - ASSEMBLY PLANT MORAINE, OHIO
DD7 - ISRV MIRROR W/COMPASS& AUTO\DIM
DH2 - LIGHTED LH & RH VISOR MIRRORS
DK7 - OVERHEAD CONSOLE
DS3 - POWER OSRV MIRRORS, HEAT, TURN SIGNALS
EVA - EVAP EMISSION REQUIREMENT
FE9 - FEDERAL EMISSIONS
GU6 - REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO
JF8 - BRAKE VAC POWER, 4 WHL DISC
JJB - PT DRESS SUBASSY NOT INSTALLED
K18 - ELECTRIC AIR INJECTION SYSTEM
K34 - CRUISE CONTROL
KA1 - HEATED FRONT SEATS
KG4 - GENERATOR 150 AMP
LL8 - VORTEC 4200 SFI I6
M30 - 4-SPD AUTO TRANS W/OVERDRIVE AND ELECTRONIC CONTROL
N40 - POWER STEERING
N75 - 17" SPORT ALUMINUM WHEELS
N79 - FULL SIZE SPARE
NP8 - 2-SPEED ACTIVE TRANSFER CASE
NT7 - EMISSION SYS FED - TIER 2
PCR - SUN, SOUND, ENTERTAINMENT PKG: * POWER SUNROOF * BOSE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM * XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL. * AM/FM STEREO W/6 DISC CHANGER (REPLACES CD/CASSETTE RADIO)
PDC - SEAT, 8-WAY POWER DRIVER
PDF - LT PACKAGE 1 * LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHL W/AUDIO CONTROLS * RR SEAT RADIO & HVAC CONTROLS * DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER * AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL
QTE - P245/65R17 ON/OFF ROAD BLACKWALL TIRES
R6P - PREMIUM PAINT
R9N - LEATHER SEAT TRIM
SLM - STOCK ORDERS
STW - LEATHER WRAPPED STG WHL W/CONTR
T61 - DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS
T96 - FRONT FOG LAMPS
T98 - STAMPING VEHICLE IDENT NUMBER
TB4 - LIFTGATE
TGA - LANGUAGE CONTROL ENG, FR, SPAN
U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO-SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
U68 - DRIVER INFO CENTER DISPLAY
U73 - FIXED MAST ANTENNA
UA6 - THEFT DETERRENT ALARM SYSTEM
UC6 - AM/FM RADIO,RDS,6 DISC CHANGER, (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)
UE1 - ONSTAR SERVICE: INCLUDES 1 YEAR SAFE & SOUND PLAN
UG1 - HOMELINK
UK6 - REAR SEAT RADIO & HVAC CONTROLS
UQA - BOSE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM
UY7 - TRAILER WIRING HARNESS
V1K - LUGGAGE RACK CROSS-BARS
V40 - POWER PASSENGER SEAT PROVISIONS
V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA
VK3 - LICENSE PLATE FRAME, FRONT
VXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL
X88 - CHEVROLET CONVERSION
YC6 - LT PACKAGE 2 * MEMORY: DRV SEAT,OSRV MIRROR * OSRV MIRRORS W/TURN SIGNAL * HEATED FRONT SEATS * ETR AM/FM STEREO W/CASS., CD RDS, THEFT DETERRENT (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)
YD3 - BASE EQUIP FOR SCH GVW PL-FT AX
YD5 - BASE FRONT SPRING
YD6 - BASE REAR SPRING
ZQ3 - DRIVER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: DRVR MESSAGE CNTR, AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL, RR SEAT RADIO AND HVAC CTRLS. LEATHER STRG WHL W/CONTL
ZW7 - PREMIUM RIDE SUSPENSION
ZY7 - TWO-TONE EXTERIOR APPEARANCE

I forgot to add let's see a pic of your two tone Trailblazers. I will add mine after I'm over the 10 post hump. This could be a exciting post. Thanks again!

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Your truck is one of 161 Trailblazers with that color scheme for the 2006 model year, but only one other 2006 has the same options as yours.

There were 5,453 two tone trailblazers in 2006.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
MDBT said:
Your truck is one of 161 Trailblazers with that color scheme for the 2006 model year, but only one other 2006 has the same options as yours.

Where do you find that out at? i would like to find out more about my ss.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
MDBT said:
but only one other 2006 has the same options as yours.
In 2006, there were 175,000 Trailblazers built...................................................do you really believe only one other was built with the same factory spec sheet?

The info you are given, when you load the VIN into a search engine, includes info pertaining to the build plant, the day of the year, the shift.

I believe, there may have been only one other that matched the OPs specs built within the time frame provided.

Ok, I've done a little checking. In 2006, there were 11 exterior colours available; and 3 interior colours (each in cloth and leather). Add in the two tone factor, and combinations add up, toss in the different model numbers (which are just a collection of options), toss in the engine choices (I think the V8 was available in the SWB in 2006), then add in the buyers choices of options and the chances of meeting a truck matching your combination becomes rare. Maybe it is only one of two :undecided:

BaDAppLe

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
MDBT said:

Thanks MDBT! That is some great info to know. If I may ask where can someone find info like that?

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Rayvoy the comparison I did above used RPO codes. I'm not saying that my information is infallible but I'm not all that surprised that his TB is one of two with the same options when there were only 161 of that color combination to start with. And while one of the RPO codes does pertain to the build location (I don't believe any RPO exists for build date/time other than the year) they only ever built TBs in one place so that RPO wouldn't have changed the number of matches. In addition to engine choice and color remember that these codes include options like the rear axle ratio, whether or not it has a locker, the moonroof, the interior color, emissions, etc. The tire and wheel RPOs alone cut down that group of 161 by a good margin.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

steven76

Mar 24, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:

Definitely Sweet... :thumbsup:

I was up until 1am in the morning reading those reports last night.
After I read about my trailblazer, I moved on to other cars I owned.
Thanks

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Based on the info provide above, I guess Canyonaro isn't as unique as I thought after all... :rotfl:

Btw, that heritage doc for the 2006 model is quite interesting...
Makes me wanna go dig out the various VIN's and see what more I can find out about her mysterious past... :undecided:

BaDAppLe

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
I guess the Two Tone Trailblazer is pretty rare as evident by the lack of other owners posting to this thread.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online