Trailblazer starter issues

Noel .m

Original poster
Jun 23, 2019
El paso
Hi guys, I'm new to this site I have been having issues with my trailblazer LS 4.2 starter. It only has 70,580 miles me and my wife where at the store and when we tried to leave the truck didn't turn on, no crank nothing. Guages turned on had electrical power but it wouldn't crank my lights didn't dim when trying to crank. I had a mechanic come change it out the starter for me did a test on the old one and it wouldn't crank over like the new one. So we installed it ran good for three weeks and again out of nowhere gave out so we replaced it again and now my truck is running good but can't figure out why the starter gave out and worried this one will as well any ideas what it could be?

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
Where did you get the starter? In my experience, most electrical stuff from Autozone is junk. O’Reilly and Napa is where I get mine usually and are pretty much trouble free.

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
Hmmm, maybe check your battery and the connections to be sure that they’re good. If the starter is not getting good current, it will not last long. Be sure to check the ground cable on both ends.

Reactions: mrrsm

Noel .m

Original poster
Jun 23, 2019
El paso
We checked them both and voltage and. Everything was reading fine connections are good brand new battery might have to check the ground cable again but it's reading just right

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

From @Realism ...

From @MAY03LT ...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member