Trailblazer shuts off out of nowhere

MikeT

Original poster
Oct 21, 2018
Redding ca
My 06 trailblazer will randomly shut off while driving and then won't start back up again for an hour or two. It seems to do this once it gets hot and when it cools down we'll start back up I had the ignition switch changed and when you read the codes there's about 12 different codes that come up

S13Hitman

Oct 20, 2017
Hilton Head
My truck still does this but without any codes. Does your RPM needle jump at all or does the ABS light come on before stalling? Just seeing if our issues are similar.

MikeT

Original poster
Oct 21, 2018
Redding ca
Ok since my last post i ve replaced the throttle body and no change. the codes im getting are p1516 p0443 p1682 0698 2176.no light s except the check engine light on all the time.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

MikeT

Original poster
Oct 21, 2018
Redding ca
Why did you replace the throttle body? Did you buy a new one or used? Since your profile doesn't list a proper Trailblazer build, What engine do you have? What else have you tried?

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/stall-out.8078/
https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/solved-p1516-06-4-2-ls-trailblazer.16677/
The engine is the 5.3 v8 it was a new throttle body . i found out that power wasnt getting to a part on the fuse box. Took it apart and it looks like the copper wire in there has some burned spots and has been shorting out. Im guessing that this is most likely the source of my problems. So im searching the web for a new one. Hoping this work.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Photos of the damage may help. You may not need a new fuse box, much like you didn't need a new throttle body.

Reactions: Mooseman

MikeT

Original poster
Oct 21, 2018
Redding ca
I got some copper wire to mabey try and fix the break so i had to put it back on to get to the store.(where i had to sit for an hour and wait for it to start again.) So ill post some pics before i try anything to crazy

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175