Trailblazer Rear Seats

Scry0402

Original poster
Apr 5, 2020
United States
Hey all,

Apologies if this question has been asked before. Did a search of the forum, didn't come across an answer for it.

Does anyone know if the rear seats in a Trailblazer are the same as the middle seats in a Trailblazer EXT?

On my EXT, the "S" connector on the end of one of the two cables that allows the seat to fold forward then pivot upright to allow people into the very back has broken. The section of seat where this has broken is the section directly behind the drivers seat.

Based on initial observation, it looks simpler to replace this section of rear seat entirely, as opposed to re-routing a new cable onto the existing seat.

I've got a couple of "You Pull It Yards" within an hour of my residence. I know that both yards have at least 1 EXT and also several regular Trailblazers. Our luck of finding color matching interior will be increased if a rear seat out of a regular Trailblazer would work.

Thanks for the time & input any of you may have.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Does anyone know if the rear seats in a Trailblazer are the same as the middle seats in a Trailblazer EXT?

They are not the same. The SWB seat backs do not flip forward, so if that's a function that you require, that would limit your choices. The mounting points MAY be the same, I can't confirm that though. You'd need to measure between the studs, and compare to a SWB to see if they match.

Reactions: Mooseman

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
The SWB seat backs do not flip forward

I'm confused. On my 2002 SWB LT I have the 1/3rd, 2/3rd split bench type rear seats. They fold this way: I pull a release and the seat bottoms pivot at the front and flip up tight to the backs of the front seats. Then the rear seat backs fold forward, pivoting from the base where they mount. They don't fold all the way down flat but they get sort of close to it. So am I misunderstanding the "do not flip forward" thing??

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So am I misunderstanding the "do not flip forward" thing??

Slightly. On our LWB, pulling the seat lever one way lays the seat backs down flat. Then pulling it the other way, the entire seat flips forward like your seat bottom does, giving clear floor access to the fuse block/OnStar, and access for passengers to crawl to the 3rd row seats. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online