Trailblazer radio swapped into 1500

wstuckey1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
My brother’s radio died in his 2001 1500 chevy. Has anyone installed a radio from a trailblazer into a Silverado? I have my oem radio sitting in the garage since I got my new HU.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
IIRC, the 2001s still had the old 'Delphi Electronics'-branded radios (display info is in a square area in the top LH side, instead of all the way across like the units in our 360s. I don't know if those were serialized the way that ours are to the BCM, or if one of ours will work on a non-CANBus vehicle. And even if the '01s have the CAN, I think you'd need to put in the S/N (meaning you'd need something on the level of a Tech2 to do that).

If he's keeping the truck, and has a BT-enabled smartphone, I think I'd just get a new HU. Lots safer vs. using handheld, too. No SWC to worry about on the '01s, so if he didn't want to cut harnesses, just a simple adapter harness would be all he'd need. And he might not even need that, if there's no CAN - the wiring s/b pretty simple.

wstuckey1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
IIRC, the 2001s still had the old 'Delphi Electronics'-branded radios (display info is in a square area in the top LH side, instead of all the way across like the units in our 360s. I don't know if those were serialized the way that ours are to the BCM, or if one of ours will work on a non-CANBus vehicle. And even if the '01s have the CAN, I think you'd need to put in the S/N (meaning you'd need something on the level of a Tech2 to do that).

If he's keeping the truck, and has a BT-enabled smartphone, I think I'd just get a new HU. Lots safer vs. using handheld, too. No SWC to worry about on the '01s, so if he didn't want to cut harnesses, just a simple adapter harness would be all he'd need. And he might not even need that, if there's no CAN - the wiring s/b pretty simple.
I think he is going to get a new HU.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online

No members online now.