Trailblazer off to the Kenny U Pull great beyond.

cornchip

Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
That's it. With burnt wiring and a massive parasitic power drain some where....I had to call it. Got $755 from Kenny and a rebate back from the insurance company for another $840. Also got just over 60 litres of gas out of the tank. Kept the horns and will use them in my 4200 powered Jeep YJ. I'll post the link to Kenny when they update their site. IMHO.....the engine was a good runner and I wish could have kept it.

y4m2kO2N2DiLFbjcuFedAJZoX-sqZFNCzu2vBuViEl4rLVWdwr9uQUL7fdx7oICnGjxi91_rzZCR2Ex6OAAw866WtI15Fw-rnU7nRUojkwR2NvA_-mlJkIY5sGFf5OBSkb-AUYpbxKC2L7pcK_UEymCm1-dEnYjerhXB9p2oevAM_TKj0ikHT2YOZXlNteB0V1k

y4mLcbl1xNTY997FdQb9_sa9JKztD0xOEGAumi1qqM_yZoWuiSqppZLDG_9RFS_n9TFUyKr-snEXXe0lqyRlvrixwLjMIwJV73wxO8KoRgp-fkLjWc3uKwCe-ZkcZViQoJi45HB85HVNGfbSf1yLxam8bMuKRlzpc_REaXi8DZD055DBCD0nj4QXks_nPcAbxrJ

y4mzX9f84BeQKHeDA36AS20Z7mfk6kDb_sgGRgJUMVzgTPrlEahdxk2ysFnVrK626ID5VK_hCrxhqIU7BKt2bJrWIRYAbHOdVMhjRnDzcgxXyW283ehqAksQasqhC4mlrEJGjy-s0fGI0CnZybjLnt7iWjbm5HLao9GSHTpkx5SKI-nwAkXOd-nswlE6PFRdVSc

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Wow.. Dont know where you live, but I would be lucky to get 300 from a salvage yard locally, running or not.

Reactions: Redbeard

cornchip

Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Wow.. Dont know where you live, but I would be lucky to get 300 from a salvage yard locally, running or not.

When I called Kenny yesterday morning to get a quote...the guy on the phone asked me what I wanted for it. I told him when I ordered my Jeep back in January the sales guy only offered $750 for trade. So I decided to keep it. So with Kenny again, the operator went away to speak to his manager and came back with an offer for 5 bucks more. He must have had a good seance of humour.

End of the day, I'm up nearly $1700 in pocket. Scrap prices must be going gonzo for steel, not to mention the looming year end aluminum/magnesium shortages.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Kenny seems to be more generous than most yards. I got $650 for my son's rusted out '04 1500 Silvy. The thing they ask is does it run? They do some stripping of parts before sending it into the yard for the vultures and if it has a running engine, they might pull it first. I've seen some of the rarer vehicles pre-stripped in the yard, barely a day in there. I've seen others not get into the yard at all. I'd notice some on the closed side and wait for it to come over and it doesn't.

$755 is a good amount of money. They probably figure they can make some money with it before sending it for scrap metal. They still make money on it.

Burnt wiring? That's a new one but suppose it's possible with broken wires in the loom seen in the past.

cornchip

Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Kenny seems to be more generous than most yards. I got $650 for my son's rusted out '04 1500 Silvy. The thing they ask is does it run? They do some stripping of parts before sending it into the yard for the vultures and if it has a running engine, they might pull it first. I've seen some of the rarer vehicles pre-stripped in the yard, barely a day in there. I've seen others not get into the yard at all. I'd notice some on the closed side and wait for it to come over and it doesn't.

$755 is a good amount of money. They probably figure they can make some money with it before sending it for scrap metal. They still make money on it.

Burnt wiring? That's a new one but suppose it's possible with broken wires in the loom seen in the past.

Showed up online this morning. Looks like the hoods been off and the front end is apart to the frame. I wonder what was removed?

LINK

y4mY23RslVVJghh24ECCnhBpPlDoIg0goEC7rYWes-jq8gJe71QzSUvelhGpicgXuFAGldE41KiHx_1usgkJnBrgTLRb09h9aBP-bXM5QN4d4dpk1jOYWVO51zD5KTbn6g4-83-vOWS5wNSA8iucarmsfKlqzVXxrIGdvKPhFIU3fMu4BFPRVbahhqtuoTmXj5q

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Kinda sad to see it unceremoniously put out like that. But if somebody needs a motor, this would be the one to get. I got burned in 2011 when I got a replacement engine for my '02. Unbeknownst to me, it was poorly maintained and I wound up opening it several times for timing chain and VVT issues.

cornchip

Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Kinda sad to see it unceremoniously put out like that. But if somebody needs a motor, this would be the one to get. I got burned in 2011 when I got a replacement engine for my '02. Unbeknownst to me, it was poorly maintained and I wound up opening it several times for timing chain and VVT issues.

I drove an average of 15,000kms a year and changed the oil with synthetic spring and fall. Doesn't burn or leak and never had any cooling issues other than a new GM thermostat a year ago. Just did the plugs a month ago with 41-103's and a throttle body clean. Aside from that it was arguably the best part of the truck and the reason I specifically bought a used 06-09 TB. With all that said, it wasn't exactly a spring chicken with 204,000kms (127,000 miles).

Reactions: Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
127k miles to me is a spring chicken!

I got a 2014 Volvo in my fleet, 809k miles!

Should have kept those LT headlights. Probly could have made a couple more dollars!

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I drove an average of 15,000kms a year and changed the oil with synthetic spring and fall. Doesn't burn or leak and never had any cooling issues other than a new GM thermostat a year ago. Just did the plugs a month ago with 41-103's and a throttle body clean. Aside from that it was arguably the best part of the truck and the reason I specifically bought a used 06-09 TB. With all that said, it wasn't exactly a spring chicken with 204,000kms (127,000 miles).

Bought my 2002 with about 147 thousand miles on it. Now at 288 thousand. Hope to put a reasonable amount more on it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online