WANTED Trailblazer Liftgate Upper Molding (19150496) - In Bronze(?)

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I'm looking for a liftgate upper molding. This is the plastic piece above the rear windsheild, with the third brake light mounted in it. Mine looks horrible, all the clear coat is falling off.

I'm looking for one pulled from a truck that's the same color as mine, so it's already painted and ready to go. I know I'm unlikely to find someone selling this exact part, but maybe I'll get lucky.

This is the part I'm talking about:
halo.jpg

And heres another general pic of my truck, for color matching purposes:
bronze.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Is that Dk. Bronzemist ? (I'm not up on every single color variation, but certain GM colors just kinda 'etch' themselves in my memory).

Being a SWB, you should be able to find the spoiler fairly readily (regardless of color). I'd get one in good condition, prep / paint it (being a small piece), and evaluate how close you came. When you think it's 'right', swap the old one out.

Seems like it would be a lot less anxiety / waiting, from my standpoint, and it *could* be a fun (?) project. But that's 'me'.

BTW, while that's a '20 footer' shot, kudos for keeping the paint / finish on that TB as good as it is, especially living in MA - you guys get snow like we do over here in IL. Sometimes a LOT more, these days. Was looking for the year, and noticed you've got the 5.3... no wonder you want to keep that rare bird looking nice... :2thumbsup:

Reactions: Mooseman

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm looking for a liftgate upper molding. This is the plastic piece above the rear windsheild, with the third brake light mounted in it. Mine looks horrible, all the clear coat is falling off.

I'm looking for one pulled from a truck that's the same color as mine, so it's already painted and ready to go. I know I'm unlikely to find someone selling this exact part, but maybe I'll get lucky.

This is the part I'm talking about:
View attachment 87253

And heres another general pic of my truck, for color matching purposes:
View attachment 87254
Have you searched pull-a-part yards in your area? If it came down to it, you could always repaint the upper molding piece from another TB with color-code matched paint.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Agreed. Any used one will probably be as bad as your current one. And that piece gets broken on a regular basis in the snowbelt by ice buildup.

Reactions: Capote

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Agreed. Any used one will probably be as bad as your current one. And that piece gets broken on a regular basis in the snowbelt by ice buildup.
Thats weird because in my other thread about this piece, your comment was that you don't see peeling ones like mine so a used one will probably be fine.

Either way, it's the kind of part thats small enough that someone could conceivably have an old one sitting around. I know it's unlikely I'm going to find one in this thread but if I get lucky, I get lucky.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could be a particular colour or part of the country? Or maybe I just didn't notice.

There's a few in my local PaP I could check. Would need an actual colour code as different cameras and screens can show colours differently.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
OH SNAP! I didn't think to search for listings using the wrong part name :smile:

Now they say it's silver, though it looks beige to me. But it doesn't look like it's the darker beige that my truck is :sadcry:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
OH SNAP! I didn't think to search for listings using the wrong part name :smile:

Now they say it's silver, though it looks beige to me. But it doesn't look like it's the darker beige that my truck is :sadcry:
Take my advice and just grab one from a yard and paint it.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
How much do you think it will cost to have one painted?
Do it yourself with color-coded paint. It'll just cost you whatever a yard charges you for the part (which will be really cheap) and like 2 cans of the paint. If you give me the paint code, i'll link you a source to get the cans :cool:

"The location of your Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac paint code, which will appear as a white or silver sticker in most instances, will vary depending on your make and model. Some common locations for this sticker are the trunk lid, doorjamb, and engine hood. The auto paint color code for most GM vehicles will be located on a sticker labeled Parts Identification. The code can start with BC/CC followed by a U, or a WA with a four-digit number/letter combination."

Ours should start with a WA----

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.