Trailblazer coming back... sort of...

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
The current leadership suffers from chronic rectal vision. Basically, if you want a non pickup(which they're effing up too) you choose from five slightly different cuvs. Yeah, let's see how that works out.

The only recent news from GM that didn't drip with stupid was putting Cadillac in the forefront of electric vehicle offerings going forward. Caddy has always been a step brother and the demographic is a good fit.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
The current leadership suffers from chronic rectal vision. Basically, if you want a non pickup(which they're effing up too) you choose from five slightly different cuvs. Yeah, let's see how that works out.

The only recent news from GM that didn't drip with stupid was putting Cadillac in the forefront of electric vehicle offerings going forward. Caddy has always been a step brother and the demographic is a good fit.
Bet they dont wanna hurt Tahoe sales either. In its prime they sold almost 2 Trailblazers for every tahoe. That's why the blazer is the abortion it is.

Reactions: Eric04

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I just don't see the point in them doing this, the line up is just feeling cramped now. I guess it would make more sense if they attached the TB name to the Blazer as an upgraded Trim/offroad package during the S10 days.

Since its confirmed to see the TB returning, its probably safe to assume GM is bringing back the Envoy in a similar position. If the price is reasonable, I would possibly consider getting one....and if it came with an optional V8 (fat chance of that happening, or seeing the I6 return in some shape or form in the future).

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I wouldn't fit in or get a Trax or 'Nox. So what makes them think we need another turd in between? They're just on the SUV/CUV bandwagon, dropping sedans for more of these soccer mom haulers.

Hell, I'd consider the Brazilian TB before this turd or the Blazer. And I especially took notice of this last comment:
No word on where a new TrailBlazer would be built; Korea, China, or Mexico all are possible. Perhaps a U.S. plant could be repurposed under GM's current cost-cutting and restructuring.

I doubt very much Greedy Motors will build anything new in the US or Canada. More than likely, they will smell of tamales.

Reactions: Mounce and Eric04

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I wouldn't fit in or get a Trax or 'Nox. So what makes them think we need another turd in between? They're just on the SUV/CUV bandwagon, dropping sedans for more of these soccer mom haulers.

Hell, I'd consider the Brazilian TB before this turd or the Blazer. And I especially took notice of this last comment:

I doubt very much Greedy Motors will build anything new in the US or Canada. More than likely, they will smell of tamales.
Well they only actually build 1 SUV. Remove the frame and it's a crossover. But I agree. I can fit in a cruze (TRAX) but it's the most uncomfortable I've ever been in a vehicle. The vette is easier to get out of than that thing is.

Reactions: Mooseman

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My mom has a Trax and she really likes it. Small and she can fit it in tiny places, but it is taller so she can see better plus can get in and out of it really easily compared to a car. No way she'd have an easy time getting out of a vette. So far it has been a good car but she got it brand new so I'd hope there wouldn't be any problems yet!

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
My mom has a Trax and she really likes it. Small and she can fit it in tiny places, but it is taller so she can see better plus can get in and out of it really easily compared to a car. No way she'd have an easy time getting out of a vette. So far it has been a good car but she got it brand new so I'd hope there wouldn't be any problems yet!
I was referring to the cruze lol. The trax isn't horrible.

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
My wife loves her Equinox. If we ever get any snow this year I'm sure she'll really love the AWD. That said, I think small, medium and large versions of the same vehicle are enough.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Well it's small, medium small, medium, medium large and larger then large.

Or, trax, TB, equinox, traverse, blazer, then tahoe. I think that's how it works anyway.

Reactions: Mooseman and Eric04

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I have a few Co-Workers that own the ME Trailblazer. They said they are an ok offering from GM, The DM engine Isnt the most powerful thing, but the fuel mileage makes up for it. With the IRS, the ride is firmed up to much, and makes the harsher roads that are found out there almost unbearable.

I am going to have to wait until the Blazer hits the show room. I tried the TRAX (Encore), and the Equinox, and I HATED them. I felt like a sardine behind the wheel, and my wife got claustrophobic sitting behind the wheel.

My wife loves the Buick Envision thou.

Kelly@PCMofNC

Mar 16, 2013
So weird. Why not just remake the "blazer" into the trailblazer name? Seems confusing to have both anyway, IMO.

Reactions: Mike534x
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I don't know why they are bringing back the Blazer name in this form. Should've let it die with dignity. The Brazilian TB was disgraceful enough. I know as I've driven and sat in the Brazilian TB and it's nothing compared to the 360 platform.

On another note I've also been in the Equinox and I can't understand what's the point of these dashboards that rise so high above the drivers field of vision that in my "view" obstruct the drivers visibility. This is something I've noticed in all new CUVs and it just infuriates me. I like to be able to see over the dash onto the road and not have the dash bubble up around me. Just my :twocents:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Bringing it back? They already had it with their overseas market. So it's a re-re-design again? lol. When will GM stop saturating the market with these soccer-mom CUV's....
It's different yet from the overseas version as well. Idk.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
That's why I said re-re-design.
Well its technically only a redesign since it is a different platform. The re re would be if it were styled on that platform I suspect. Idk. Gm is weird.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Well its technically only a redesign since it is a different platform. The re re would be if it were styled on that platform I suspect. Idk. Gm is weird.
GM is bipolar :rotfl:

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't know where that pic came from but the linked story is definitely not for anything full sized with the biggest engine being the 3.6 V6.
https://www.chevrolet.com/suvs/blazer-sporty-suv

However, if such a full sized Blazer were to be offered, I'd be definitely interested :yes:

Edit: After a bit of Google fu, I was able to find that it's actually an old concept pic or internet Photoshop trickery. This post on another forum is from 2014,
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...cd991fca163d89d97e4601b&p=6578278&postcount=1

Last edited:

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I don't know where that pic came from but the linked story is definitely not for anything full sized with the biggest engine being the 3.6 V6.
https://www.chevrolet.com/suvs/blazer-sporty-suv

However, if such a full sized Blazer were to be offered, I'd be definitely interested :yes:

Edit: After a bit of Google fu, I was able to find that it's actually an old concept pic or internet Photoshop trickery. This post on another forum is from 2014,
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...cd991fca163d89d97e4601b&p=6578278&postcount=1
It is kind of what the blazer should look like though.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I was just thinking, we all may hate the possible plans for a new trailblazer cuv, but imagine how alpha you would feel parking next to one in a parking lot in your og, gmt360/370 trailblazer. :laugh::smiley_kill:

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
I have a few Co-Workers that own the ME Trailblazer. They said they are an ok offering from GM, The DM engine Isnt the most powerful thing, but the fuel mileage makes up for it. With the IRS, the ride is firmed up to much, and makes the harsher roads that are found out there almost unbearable.

I am going to have to wait until the Blazer hits the show room. I tried the TRAX (Encore), and the Equinox, and I HATED them. I felt like a sardine behind the wheel, and my wife got claustrophobic sitting behind the wheel.

My wife loves the Buick Envision thou.
Sorry I can't buy anything (Envision) that's made in China .

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
How many were hoping for something like this based on the Colorado and would line up in a second with a revived I6 in it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
They'd never be able to fit an I6 in there. Way too long. It probably has trouble with a V6.

Isn't that the Brazilian Export only TB?

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
They'd never be able to fit an I6 in there. Way too long. It probably has trouble with a V6.

Isn't that the Brazilian Export only TB?
Actually I think it was just someone's rendering of a Colorado based Trailblazer . I would love something like this though I'm not real fond of the 3.6 they use in the Traverse . I may just run my Ascender into the ground . Has 135000 on it now and still runs good and still looks pretty good even though I live in the salt belt . Everything so far is still original except I have done the struts and shocks and GM has paid for a new exhaust manifold under their extended warranty on that part .

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Saw one of these (Blazer wanna be's) at the dealer lot, parked next to an Equinox and there wasn't a hell of a lot of difference between them.
Imagine,...a Blazer with a sideways engine, They could have more appropriately called it "Blazephemy".

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
Well the nightmare rumour for the Trailblazer has come true and it's a little garbage CUV between the Blazer and Trax . Done waiting for GM to get its @#@#@# together. Off to the Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango .

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Well the nightmare rumour for the Trailblazer has come true and it's a little garbage CUV between the Blazer and Trax . Done waiting for GM to get its @#@#@# together. Off to the Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango .
I'd go cherokee... the nose of the durango looks sad.... like the truck is frowning at you. Never knew why I made that jump lol. The cherokee looks all happy tosee you when you walk up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online