Trailblazer buy

vipergg

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
I am going to look at a 2007 trailblazer tomorrow at a dealer and get this the thing has less than 30000 miles on it . It has leather which Im not real kean on and the auto temperature control also not kean on but probably could live with . The carfax seems to back this up with a timeline and everything seems ok . Online it looks good , they did say they replaced the power steering lines (assume corrosion or leaking somewhere . Engine bay at least online looks clean . No accidents or anything bad according to the carfax . They want less than $11000 for it . Will have to look at the undercarriage etc to see what it looks like . I currently have an Ascender 2WD which I love but it has 140000 miles on it so I am looking for a replacement but not really anything wrong with it. Any opinions or comments .

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Was it parked a long time? Inside or outside? If outside, brakes may need to be replaced due to rust. All fluids will need to be changed just on age.

Although that low mileage does add some value, it's not that much. Don't know the US market but I think that's too much for it.

vipergg

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
No , it wasnt parked a long time . They just didnt drive it very much . The carfax jives with the mileage and date and years and service records of which there are 27 records . It was mostly serviced all by one Chevy dealer . Place selling it goes over it and they said it was in very good shape considering age . Brakes are fine , coolant etc . Plugs should have little wear on them with 29000 miles on iridium plugs . Going to look at it later this week just to see what it looks like . Yeah the price might be a little high . Checked a couple different places like KBB , NADA and none of them are over $10000 . Maybe I can bargain with them . :2thumbsup:

Reactions: northcreek

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
11K is TBSS territory (and not so much, even, anymore.) Personally, I think I'd hold on to the Ascender, if nothing's wrong with it...

- Super rare
- $11K stays in pocket
- Same vehicle as the TB
- Not good for vehicles to sit idle for long periods
- TB has options you don't want (which would be the only reason I'd trade up - for higher content)

Now, I have to admit...I absolutely love the seat heaters in my leather-equipped Voy. I'm never left 'wanting more' heat, even on the coldest winter days. But you don't like the leather, so...

If the TB had the V8 (especially if it *were* an SS), then maybe I could understand a little better (I see you have the 4.2, which is no slouch, power-wise). But outside of that... keep what you got, if it's in good shape mechanically & body-wise. It runs well, and it'll have the same reliability factor.

Yes, it's nice to say "it only has 30K miles". But unless you're going to keep it under glass, it's not going to stay at that low mileage. Then, it's what you have now (and I think I'd like the Ascender interior over the plain-jane TB - unless it were a TBSS) :salivate:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
No , it wasnt parked a long time . They just didnt drive it very much . The carfax jives with the mileage and date and years and service records of which there are 27 records . It was mostly serviced all by one Chevy dealer . Place selling it goes over it and they said it was in very good shape considering age . Brakes are fine , coolant etc . Plugs should have little wear on them with 29000 miles on iridium plugs . Going to look at it later this week just to see what it looks like . Yeah the price might be a little high . Checked a couple different places like KBB , NADA and none of them are over $10000 . Maybe I can bargain with them . :2thumbsup:
I 'm leaning in your direction. You seem to keep your vehicles until they die so this would be a good vehicle for you in the long run. Who cares about the year? with 30K it's basically a 2016 with cheaper insurance. If all checks out and they are willing to deal, I say go for it...:twocents:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online