trailblazer audio problem

trueblu2004

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
'04 Trailblazer audio problem

I just wanted to add that I got to this site and registered after a contact by The Roadie - thanks for the contact! I had just started looking for info for my Trailblazer and went on to the other site (won't mention any name), but here is my original posting. I'll be back after I try checking out my speaker wiring!
p.s.... glad I'm getting in on the bottom floor!
Blu--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Y'all,
I'm new here, but hope to make it a familiar sight. My problem is an audio one. I could have written Trailmix05 post - as my problem is nearly identical!
I have not noticed an outside temp / humidity factor, but I first lost my right speakers (f & R) - just barely heard the tweeters, left side working fine. Every now and then when I turned on the radio, I would get all speakers working normally. If I turned off the ignition or the radio, it was a crap shoot if the audio would come back on - hit or miss. Then I lost the left side except for the tweeters, so now basically I was down to nothing from either side, except when the audio gods would toy with me and turn on one side or the other! To top this, a CD stuck in the player and will not eject. It will still play the CD as many times as I can stand it, but will not eject after going through the eject motions, it says "check disk" and resumes radio function (both CD and radio are affected by the audio problem and intermittant speaker function. I too thought it was a radio problem and installed an after market radio the other day. When I powered it up, I had fantastic sound! I turned it off to do final finish trim, but when I powered it back up, I found that the audio gods had once again screwed with me - only the tinney tweeter sounds were there!
After reading some posts, I'm convinced that it is a connection problem at the speakers, so I'll take the doors apart this weekend and check. I'll report back what I find - hopefully it will help someone else! Any other ideas? Any tips onm removing the door panels? I've watched several you tube videos that make it look pretty easy.
Blu

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Need a little more info. Is this a Bose system?

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Couple of questions?

1) Do you know if your factory HU was a bose system?

2) Do all four speakers go out or just the front?

The door panels are extremely easy to take apart 2 bolts (10mm) old the door panel on, one it the arm rest the other is behind the handle bezel then just pull the panel off around the edge of the panels (held by clips). I'll see if I can dig up one of my post from the old site with instructions.

Trailblazer Mastersheet

trueblu2004

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Hey Ghoster and Decembersend - thatks for the quick replies!
I don't believe that it's a Bose system. I bought the Trailblazer new off the showroom floor, nothing special ordered. The radio is a stock Delco.
And yes - I have lost all speakers, save for a very high pitched Tweeter sound if I crank up the volume. They work intermittantly, sometimes right, sometimes left, once both sides, but I never know. I thought my problem was the radio's amp and that's why I purchased an aftermarket this past week.
It is not going over a bump that causes the speakers to come back on. I could go out this morning and turn the radio on and it might play at least one side normally, so my thought have now gone to wiring at the speakers themselves. I'm sure that condensation/rain/snow has gotten in the door cavities over the years. I'll pull the panels this weekend and let you know what I find.
Thanks for your help guys, talk to you soon.
Blu

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Well the only other I can suggest which you already plan on doing is pulling the panels apart. My rear passenger door had water damage in it. I replaced all four of speakers and also added speaker baffles (which protect from water and provide a deeper sound).

rjpoog1989

Dec 4, 2011
I just replace all 4 door speakers due to the same problem of intermittent bs. Make sure you get the bolts in the from doors behind the handle the whole way out or you'll break that plastic inside. Ask me how I know :undecided:... Anyway, needle nose pliers will pull em out.

Jake Blazer

Mar 29, 2014
trueblu2004 said:
Hey Ghoster and Decembersend - thatks for the quick replies!
I don't believe that it's a Bose system. I bought the Trailblazer new off the showroom floor, nothing special ordered. The radio is a stock Delco.
And yes - I have lost all speakers, save for a very high pitched Tweeter sound if I crank up the volume. They work intermittantly, sometimes right, sometimes left, once both sides, but I never know. I thought my problem was the radio's amp and that's why I purchased an aftermarket this past week.
It is not going over a bump that causes the speakers to come back on. I could go out this morning and turn the radio on and it might play at least one side normally, so my thought have now gone to wiring at the speakers themselves. I'm sure that condensation/rain/snow has gotten in the door cavities over the years. I'll pull the panels this weekend and let you know what I find.
Thanks for your help guys, talk to you soon.
Blu

well it is true man, the audio gods have visited my TB too. My radio is doing the same exact thing. I have attempted to start the speaker wire direction but always had a strong feeling it is in the wiring harness that connects to radio. all it would take is just one of thos wires not making a connection. do u have any other strange electrical issues?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.