TPS replacement?

budwich

Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
kanata
dumb question: is the TPS replaceable on a 2008 4.2 without replacing the whole throttle body? Rockauto auto doesn't appear to carry only the TPS for that year. Is the unit some how "bonded" to the body to make replacement "less than easy". ie. riveted / tanged as opposed to bolted.

I am going to look closer at the tb but thought I would post first look later. :smile:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nope. Only the pedal sensor is replaceable.

budwich

Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
kanata
:-( too much of a gambit at this time. Will do some more monitoring and swap back the O2 sensor to see if the characteristic change. I get long "spots" of no STT changes along with similar but not at the same time, long "spots" of no upstream changes in 02... which seem strange. No codes (slow switching or otherwise), no misfires or rough running but mileage is a bit low than in the past. I still get a pesky p013B coding here and there... which may be a "bad down stream" sensor. So I guess I need to wrestle with removal thereof.... it ain't going to be pretty especially trying to get at the connector.

Compared O2's from an escape (v6) versus the TB and the TB's is definitely more unpredictable / uncharacteristic. Of course, ford may have a better system or maybe just the fact that the escape has half the mileage on it... :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online

No members online now.