TPS Chirping Sound

Rockin

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
I have a 2008 Envoy and noticed a chirping sound coming from the TPS Valve Stem a week and a half ago. I had just washed the vehicle at a car wash and shortly after I got home, I noticed the chirping sound coming from one of the TPS Valve Stems (it sounded like a cricket). We were leaving the next day for vacation so we decided to take my Wife's vehicle as we didn't want to come out of the airport when we got back to find the tire was flat. The chirping noise had stopped by the morning we left for vacation. When we got back 8 days later, I checked the tire pressure and it was the same as it was before we left. Would anyone know what caused the chirping noise? Thanks in advance!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe the valve core is loose? It's just like any other schrader valver.

Rockin

Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Thanks for the reply! That was the first thing I thought of but I couldn't find my tool to check to make sure the valve was tight. I did put my thumb over the valve to see if I could seal it and get the noise to stop but this didn't stop the noise. Is it possible that the Transmitter in the Valve could make a chirping noise like this? I do not have any warning lights showing on the Instrument Panel and the tire pressure has not gone down.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Never heard of that one before, literally :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online