tough day at work

ryan

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I work for one of the largests chain stores. work in meat dept. Monday lost our refrig..loss all meat in whole..dept. today we get in small shipment not near enough to fully restock..working alone in dept. Im filling as quick as i can. went to tag 6 cuts of meat for customer...when i walk out of back room.the district mgr standing talking to sales clerk from another dept. the sales clerk says to me the mgr. does think the dept looks very stocked. then the mgr says as hes walking, away only 6 items on the cart.no wonder its not stocked...i was getting those 6 items for customer...So i said you do know were stocking entire dept because of the loss monday..he kind of grunted something. My boss comes in at 1 i tell him about it..he emails the district mgr saying i felt it was uncalled for him to talk to another employee, he should of come to me if he had questions or comments..which i agree. the district mgr calls my boss,a few minutes ago,and says i misunderstood the sitution. my boss thinks him and i are going to get fired tomorrow. unreal.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Good luck, but if it happens, it wouldn't be the kind of ethical place you would want to be working at anyway.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I thought I had a rough day today.

Hope it all works out.

leehype

Mar 20, 2012
the roadie said:
Good luck, but if it happens, it wouldn't be the kind of ethical place you would want to be working at anyway.

X2. I've been in the same circumstance a few times, and it's the same thing every time. If your going to get fired for telling the truth, then your working for liars, and it is going to happen one way or another.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
it sounds like you are in a tough spot, hopefully it works out for the good.
I know we don't have all the details but what sticks out in my mind though is that if you are out of meat and the meat truck comes in, why is only one person on duty? It sounds like you needed at least one person re-stocking and one to be customer facing at least until you got caught up. Your boss should have been out front helping customers or at least brought someone in until you were caught up.

I know retailers are always thinking of the bottom line but if you save $15 to bring in an extra employee for an hr but lose $45 in sales to a competing chain then that is a no win situation.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
let us know what happens man

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Bill is right. If you get canned for something like this, it's not a place you want to work in the first place.

Mike

ryan

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Update, went in today expecting the worst. after about 2 hrs nothing. i was kind of surprised,then about 1 hour later one of mgr,s came down and talked. Said he could not of seen what i could of done different. So worked my shift and left. happy because its not the greatest job,but in these times a least its a job. Thanks for the thoughts and comments. Maybe i can sleep tonite lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher