Torque Pro vs. Car Gauge Pro

Gerbil21

May 28, 2014
Cgp lite dosent have much last time I checked, I posted the apk for test-drive here not that long ago I'll see if I find the link and repost.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Hey guys. A friend of mine gave me an Samsung Galaxy S3 so I was going to purchase a Bluetooth ELM327 and then download CGP. Question though. There is a CGP for like $9 or a CGP Lite for free.

Anyone know what the major differences are? It's only $10 but if I can get what I need from the Lite version, I can use that one for free.

IMO, the only real use for CGP or CGL is the ability to scan for fault codes related to Body (B), Chassis (C), and Network (U) due to the horrible GUI. All of the other apps out there only scan fault codes for Powertrain (P). Just like the other day when I had my Service Stabilitrak light illuminated on my dash, TorquePro said no faults found, but CGP showed that I had a U1026 code which was a network/communication issue between the PCM and TCCM.

If the CGL gives you the ability to scan P, B, C, and U fault codes then I would stick with the lite version. The GUI on CGP/CGL is no comparison to the Torque app.

Reactions: Sib and Blckshdw

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
IMO, the only real use for CGP or CGL is the ability to scan for fault codes related to Body (B), Chassis (C), and Network (U) due to the horrible GUI. All of the other apps out there only scan fault codes for Powertrain (P). Just like the other day when I had my Service Stabilitrak light illuminated on my dash, TorquePro said no faults found, but CGP showed that I had a U1026 code which was a network/communication issue between the PCM and TCCM.

If the CGL gives you the ability to scan P, B, C, and U fault codes then I would stick with the lite version. The GUI on CGP/CGL is no comparison to the Torque app.

:tiphat:

That's pretty much all I would use it for would be to read more in depth codes. I use DashCommand for iOS and I like the set it has. Since I was able to score a free Samsung Galaxy s3 I ordered a Bluetooth dongle today so I'll mess with CGL and TPL.

Reactions: dmanns67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.