Torque Pro—Compatible Devices?

Jkb242

Original poster
May 19, 2019
CLT
Two parts to this post:
1: Is the ios version provided by the same provider of the original Torque Pro for Android. I think the iOS version originated from another party and does not have the same features of the android release.

2.for the Android release, I have been unable to determine the minimum device specs required for the app to function as intended. Specifically, processor speed and capability, RAM and screen resolution. I was thinking of purchasing an 8” tablet with Bluetooth and Android 5 or 6. I don’t have any Android devices but believe I can get my hands on one pretty cheap, but sure it would be a suitable device.
Thanks!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Beacon

Jkb242

Original poster
May 19, 2019
CLT
I have acquired a neat little 8” Android Tablet and have been playing with the Torque Lite version. It’s certainly an extremely flexible tool and offers so much more capability than other tools I have used. I see there are several sources for additional plugins but was wondering if there is a specifically a “GMT” recommended plug in for GM for me to read up on before purchasing. I found it odd that Torque lite doesn’t offer LTFT to be added to the display grouping. I realize specific plugins will likely require the Pro version which is fine, just trying to understand the GM plugin most popular here on our forum. Thanks!!

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
I have found the Torque Scan add on to be very useful. When a cylinder is misfiring it will tell you which cylinder it is - that saves you a lot of diagnostic time.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I have acquired a neat little 8” Android Tablet and have been playing with the Torque Lite version. It’s certainly an extremely flexible tool and offers so much more capability than other tools I have used. I see there are several sources for additional plugins but was wondering if there is a specifically a “GMT” recommended plug in for GM for me to read up on before purchasing. I found it odd that Torque lite doesn’t offer LTFT to be added to the display grouping. I realize specific plugins will likely require the Pro version which is fine, just trying to understand the GM plugin most popular here on our forum. Thanks!!

There's a GM PID set that's included with Torque Pro, it's just not loaded by default, so you have to do that step manually. You'll see there are some PID sets for other manufacturers as well, if you've got different vehicles. Don't think there's much reading up to do there, you just get a host of additional sensors to choose from. Transmission fluid temp is one of the more popular ones from that set.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online