Torque for iOS

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good deal

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I know for the longest time people had been asking for this. I would imagine that it will work only with wifi adapters because iOS prevented connections to the Bluetooth type.

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
According to one of the reviews it is wifi yeah... funny they don't specify in the description... guess I'll need a new dongle...

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Is it in US app store only? Can't find it :sadcry: I hope it's temporary...

EDIT: I also see no mention of iOS or iPhone anywhere on https://torque-bhp.com/
Are you sure an iOS version has been released? Where does that info come from?

A friend of mine and I were taking about torque and I mentioned it wasn't for iOS... thought about it, and looked in App Store, and low and behold there it was... just searched torque pro...it came right up... I am in the US though idk if that makes a difference...

Looking a little closer idk who the dev is...if it's in the App Store though, I know apple doesn't let just anyone put up apps...shows it just came out a month ago

Last edited:

Jkb242

May 19, 2019
CLT
The Torque Pro App is there today and at a derived BUT the reviews are terrible mainly due to NO Connection Complaints. I wonder if these were from folks attempting to connect using Bluetooth and not WiFi. It’s all up to the hardware, ELM 327 compliant, selected some only offer Bluetooth but this isn’t highlighted or included in the TorquePro IOS app.

No, not derived, DISCOUNTED PRICE!
Guess I need to start using a stylus with my 6s .

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
That last post before yours was in Jul 2017.

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
The actual Torque app that everyone is familiar with is from Ian Hawkins. As far as I can tell, all those other apps on the app store are fakes, ripoffs or just trying to cash in on the Torque name. As far as I know, Ian Hawkins has not released an iOS version. (Hope I'm wrong though!)

Jkb242

May 19, 2019
CLT
Ok that would possibly explain the no working issue but for Apple to allow all this is possibly sheds new light on the store. Thanks for your input.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I have no iPhone but I have the Android version of OBD Fusion which also has an iPhone version. I found it to be remarkably similar to Torque Pro. Almost too similar.

Jkb242

May 19, 2019
CLT
I have no iPhone but I have the Android version of OBD Fusion which also has an iPhone version. I found it to be remarkably similar to Torque Pro. Almost too similar.
Thanks that’s very helpful! I’ll look at Fusion again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online