Tool Talk

movietvet

Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Edit: Never mind. That's a really nice setup, I have the husky box in my garage now, and it's almost full. Don't have the room for anything larger though
I had to make/create room.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Actually, I just figured that out just as I opened the thread for these two responses. I am a little thick upstairs sometimes.
Sometimes???? Calling Mrs @movietvet for a second opinion! LOL! :crackup:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
It is not often that we discuss certain "Specialty Tools" that would only be familiar to Carpenters among their usual fixation clamps for glue jobs, etc. I am speaking of course of the famous "ACME" Threaded Tools that might mistakenly conjure up images of "Wiley Coyote" and "The Road Runner" and the Canine Equivalent of having THE Best "ACME" Machines for the Tasks at Hand in capturing the Speedy, Flightless Bird... But No... Nay-Nay Bouquet.

The "ACME" Threaded Tool Kit that we occasionally encounter is the Kent-Moore Cylinder Extraction and Installation Press necessary for "Pulling and Pushing" New Cylinder Sleeves out of and into the Naked GM Atlas 4,5 & 6 Cylinder "Lost Foam" Cast Aluminum Engine Blocks. Then they require being shaved down afterwards to their correct Deck Heights.

But the interesting and edifying topic for us Tool Aficionados concerns "What IS an ACME Thread... and How Does such a "Thing" ever get Made?" THIS Video covers the Topic to a "T" and will become a nice break from watching endless "Christmas Shows" with too much food, candy and perhaps... libations. So... Why not grab another Fresh Cup of Coffee?... and Sit Back and Enjoy the ASMR involved here as well and obtain a new appreciation for the ways and means of achieving Sublime Screw Precision... the "ACME" Way:

Merry Christmas to ALL of the Tool Lovers among us... Hope Santa was GOOD to Y'all!

To Obtain Grade 1144 "Stress Proof" Steel Rods for Tool Making on your Home Metal Lathes:

Last edited:

movietvet

Dec 21, 2022
Oregon

I am so glad I finally bought this tool. I used to fight the spring clamps on hoses and have to try and figure out what configuration of needle nose or adjustable pliers to use to release tension on the spring clamps. This tool fixes that decision. I no longer sweat the spring clamp.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Amen... Good Decision. And a great suggestion for anyone suffering with hand & finger tendon issues. Another reason for making this investment is that once you switch from the OEM Spring Steel Clamps (Which will NEVER Fail) over to the S/S "Rack & Pinion" Slotted Band Style Hose Clamps ... You'll never know whether or not they'll either "Hold Forever"... or eventually wind up Breaking and Failing from being over-tightened in ways that may NOT always be that obvious or occur in "Plain View" when convenient enough to make immediate repairs:

LISLESPRINGHOSECLAMPTOOL.jpg

Last edited:

JayArr

Sep 24, 2018
Mission BC Canada
My wife bought me this for my birthday.

Now that we've got the Escalade there is very little I can do standing on the ground in front of it so this should be a big help.

I caught a further break and we got it for free. Fedex dropped it and the box was quite damaged and one of the feet was sticking out. We took pictures and did not unpack the box. This is incredibly important - that you NOT unpack a damaged box!

We emailed Vevor to get a replacement and they ghosted us. (they have a terrible reputation for returns or customer service) We contacted them a second time three days later and told them we wanted a replacement sent and they could have Fedex pick this damaged one back up. (still not opened). No response.

After 48 hours I called American Express. I had fulfilled my responsibility of attempting to get a settlement with the vendor. I sent Amex copies of the emails. I also sent copies of the pictures of the damage and that the box had not yet been opened.

Amex refunded the full amount of our purchase while I was still on the phone! They told me to not worry about it and they would deal with Vevor but that I should hold onto the item in case Vevor wanted to have it picked up.

We got a response from Vevor about two hours later. They offered us $20 off if we would keep the damaged item. We declined, informed them that we had made a claim with Amex and had already received a refund. (I suspect they already knew this)

The next day we received an email from Vevor telling us they did not want to have the item picked up and that we could keep it. This makes sense, why would they spend $$ to have Fedex bring back a damaged item that they can't sell.

I don't know if Vevor made a claim to Fedex or if they just ate the cost of the damage but I ended up with a free - although damaged - step creeper. I'll finally open the box and assemble it today!

JayArr

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Dunno how many others get the HF new product emails, usually I delete them but was bored this morning so opened this one. They've got some new nitrile gloves that have touchscreen compatible finger tips on them :undecided:

On plenty of occasions I've had mine on to keep my hands from getting dusty or grimey, and then needed to use my phone, but didn't want to yank the glove off and put it back on. These would really come in handy when not working with fluids or chemicals.

1706027406001.png

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
this coupon good until 2/4/2024

HARDY 5 Mil Nitrile Powder-Free Gloves, 100-Pack for $5.99​

For me I really like using these for oil changes and when cleaning dirty things (think bathroom) with caustic chemicals. At this price of twelve cents for both hands to stay clean I think is a bargain.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Once you’ve taken the “Milwaukee M18 - M12 Fuel Power Tools” Plunge… there is never any going back. But the problem with having a whole raft of these expensive tool sets though has emerged as one of Never Having Enough Battery Power to last long enough to get to the ends of any projects.

Consider every tool in the Milwaukee Arsenal as being VERY Power Hungry and even with durable and long lasting M18 and M12 Batteries in Ones and Twos, imagining they will take you from Start to Finish will become disappointing with only having either one or two of these Batteries in both versions.

Even with having Two Dual (M-18 & M12) Milwaukee Power Wall Chargers… they will still fall short of getting you there without any worries towards the end. Over time, the solution seemed to be to get more of these Expensive Batteries and after accumulating however many seemed to work, the problem morphs into dragging out the Two A/C Wall Chargers and juggling 3-6 Batteries over several hours and doing “Battery Charging Math” in your head. What a PITA!

Then… My Wife spied THIS RIG on Amazon and said… “I’m tired of having you plugging in those Little Red Chargers all over the place and cluttering up my counter tops with your Gear… Why not get one of THESE, instead?” I smiled broadly and told her… “Baby Sweet… You had me at “Why Don’t You GET…” .

M18SIXPORTCHARGER0.jpg

It followed on that while this item might SEEM a bit Pricey… when compared with the cost vs. benefits of the 6 to 1 Charging Ratio, plus the Sturdy, Portable Caddy it instantly becomes for moving ALL of them right to the work site, it just made great sense to get one that lets you know immediately by their Charging Status Lights...which ones to GRAB and which ones to Leave Alone:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BYGHV0Q/?tag=gmtnation-20

M18SIXPORTCHARGER1.jpgM18SIXPORTCHARGER2.jpgM18SIXPORTCHARGER3.jpgM18SIXPORTCHARGER4.jpgM18SIXPORTCHARGER5.jpgM18SIXPORTCHARGER6.jpgM18SIXPORTCHARGER7.jpgM18SIXPORTCHARGER8.jpgM18SIXPORTCHARGER9.jpgM18SIXPORTCHARGER10.jpg

Last edited:

movietvet

Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Luckily, because I only work on one vehicle at a time at home, I have 2 wall chargers at my home shop and they keep up fine. I also have two chargers for my EGO system for my mower and blower and trimmer. They all use the same batteries.

I am small potatoes compared to a full fledged shop and I am not a home repair kind of guy. I have no need for saws and other power tools like that. I have a plug in drill if needed.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I think my biggest Ryobi battery has kicked the bucket on me. Had an overheating issue last summer that melted some of the casing plastic around one of the pins, causing the battery to get stuck coming off my string trimmer, and having some issues charging. Had cracked open the case and cleaned up the melted plastic, which gave it another season of reliable yard work, until this past weekend.

Went through the usual paces, and put it on the charger but it wouldn't charge. The way the lights on the battery was blinking, I knew it was an error code, but for the life of me couldn't find a definitive answer online what it meant. Opened the case again, and checked the voltage, it was down to 9V from 40V. On the hunch that the voltage was too low for the charger to accept it, I tried to boost it with a fully charged battery for a few hours....

20240129_132406_resize.jpg

No real luck there, when disconnecting them and throwing the meter on it, it would read 12V and slowly move up over about a 10 minute period, stopping in the 14V range. Think I've had this one for almost 5 years, so it's had a good run. I had done research years ago on lipo battery packs, and if I had a spot welder, I might try to take it apart to identify which cells had gone bad so I could replace them. But since I don't... I won't be going down that road. I'm down to 2 batteries now, which will be fine for string trimming, hedge trimming, and blowing off the walkways, until another one bites the dust.

20240129_184806_resize.jpg

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Back in Post #552... @Redbeard and I were discussing the Zyliss Manual Can Opener as being THE Best Hand Tool for getting into Canned Goods during the Covid-19 Crisis...and by extension... I have yet another more contemporary reason to tout its excellence. Since that time as I got closer to being here for 3/4's of a Century, "The Norwegian's Disease" called Dupuytren Contracture has finally all but crippled my left hand and has served to make playing chords on my guitars and using hand tools that require dual manual dexterity all but impossible now.

I'm not complaining mind you ...because I have been able to do a LOT of that stuff over so many decades and I have no kick coming now. However, besides our own needs for opening all manner of cans... with one Indoor Cat (Baby Bird) and four Outside Feral Cats that I try to help with food and milk each day... I STILL need to be able to open cans of food for them and as I said, for me and the "Lil Woman" as well.

Well... to my very great surprise and delight...I figured out that once the Zyliss Handles are squeezed down at the rim edges of the Food Cans and the metal lid gets pierced...instead of rolling the Hand Crank in the typical natural Right Hand turning in a Clockwise direction and then have it pop right off due to my issues with gripping the tool with enough force in my Left Hand... I tried rotating the unit BACKWARDS or Counter-Clockwise and By God.... it actually works BETTER and Cuts Like BUTTER!

So if you find yourself in a similar survival situation and possess this Zyliss Can opener... give this technique a try and you WILL be able to get inside the Cans that will feed you, your animals and of course, your family in any such "manual" crisis! :>)

614HR-c03KL._AC_SL1500_.jpg81p6FmXnwHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg817ol+MTM-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg71VhrJ7cJJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
THIS is why We NEVER run a High Speed Chop Saw after a "co-worker" aka "Friend" aka "Helper" changes that Blade...without Double Checking the "Jesus Nut" for TIGHTNESS AND the Blade Shield for its proper position FIRST ...by ourselves:

"TRUST... But... VERIFY..."

RUNAWAYBLADE1.jpgRUNAWAYBLADE2.jpg

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
We normally rely upon local purchasing of tools for Automotive Repair via AutoZone and Home Depot as well as Harbor Freight and of course... Amazon and eBay for Buying in the Former and Selling in the Latter, etc, But drop in on THIS site if you are Buying...or Selling such things and-or just want to browse through whatever might still be available out and about.

I have neither made any such purchases nor sold anything through 2040-parts yet because even at this late time of life... I am STILL in my *Tool Acquisition Mode...* which translates to meaning: I NEVER Sell my Tools! :>) This particular category of Diagnostic Tools offered at this Link always holds my fascination and since many others might also want to "Look Around" in this Place... Drop In...And Check Out ALL of their other Categories, Too.

So Here Goes Nothing:

Last edited:

movietvet

Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
THIS is why We NEVER run a High Speed Chop Saw after a "co-worker" aka "Friend" aka "Helper" changes that Blade...without Double Checking the "Jesus Nut" for TIGHTNESS AND the Blade Shield for its proper position FIRST ...by ourselves:

"TRUST... But... VERIFY..."

View attachment 111859View attachment 111860
I live in Eugene, Oregon and know where this store is. I also know a guy in my American Legion that works as a concrete cutter. Just like @mrrsm said, my friend says the norm at his work is to have at least 2 people check various forms of equipment before using. He said that blade is not light and moving at that speed, would have went right thru a human being unless hitting a large leg bone. Even then, the damage would have been catastrophic.

Reactions: Redbeard and mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
"Ohhh Brother...Where Art Thou?"

I probably need some assistance and advice here from @Blckshdw right now to ...Talk Me Off The Ledge... about the need to completely replace the Four Lead Acid 100 Amp-Hour Batteries loading up the Under Tray of my Ryobi RM480E Electric Riding Lawn Mower...that DIED SUDDENLY... just after making a Dual Blade Swap...with... New Lithium Ion Phosphate Batteries that weigh only 1/3rd of the OEM Lead-Acid Batteries and can last as long as 10 Years if installed and maintained correctly. THIS deal from Amazon seems to provide the MOST Bang 4 The Buck and includes all three new components that will allow this transition to occur... all for around $1,210.00:

LITIMEBATTERIES15.jpgLITIMEBATTERIES2.jpgLITHIUMBATTSMARTCHARGER.jpgTR16LITHBATTMETER.jpgALLLITTHIMBATTEQUIPT.jpg

Oh... the other things I discovered about this Ryobi Model# RM480E Mower is that the Electric Motors driving the Two 20" Blades have ENORMOUS Power... Power enough to Tear the Tip Off of the End of One of the Blades ...after I struck a Cast Iron City Water Access Cover hidden along my sloped front easement area. THIS was a Big Surprise and it explained why the Mower was "Shaking Like a Chihuahua Pooping a Peach Pit". And since the Ryobi Manual fails to mention THIS... the Proper Tire Pressure should be right at: 20 PSI:

RYOBIRM480EBLADES1.jpgRYOBIRM480EBLADES2.jpg
RYOBIRM480EBLADES4.jpg

Attachments

• RYOBIRM480EBLADES3.jpg
    RYOBIRM480EBLADES3.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I probably need some assistance and advice here from @Blckshdw right now to ...Talk Me Off The Ledge... about the need to completely replace the Four Lead Acid 100 Amp-Hour Batteries loading up the Under Tray of my Ryobi RM480E Electric Riding Lawn Mower...that DIED SUDDENLY.

Well, it would be awfully hard for me to talk you off the ledge, that I've been sitting on for the past couple of summers myself :rotfl: I had all the same goodies on a wishlist, and the only thing that kept me from pulling the trigger, was spending a few dollars on a load tester and checking all of my SLA batteries individually. Turns out that 1 of my batteries had died, the other 3 were still good, so I replaced that one, instead of all 4. Bought me some time.

In the LiFePo research rabbit hole I fell down, I also stumbled across the Big Battery Falcon Elite model, which is designed for golf carts. It's only 60Ah, compared to the 100ah of the many 4 individual battery options for roughly the same price, but it has notches in the casing, that appear to fit the Ryobi mower tray, and it's a single unit instead of 4. For my property, the current 75ah is more than enough, so the downgrade in capacity wouldn't be an issue.

That's crazy how your blade snapped off like that. I hit a piece of a metal pipe some years ago when I was mowing the easement next to the street because the county was slacking on getting it done and the grass was really tall. No breakage for me, but the pipe did get jammed in the blade, and I had to remove the cutting deck so I could flip it over and dislodge it. That was a pain. :ugh:

Reactions: movietvet and mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Well... You had me marked correctly... as I just made the 'Leap Of Electrical Faith' by Pulling The Pin necessary to remedy the lamentable and sad shape my front yard has become since I injured my left hand (The Viking's Disease) so many months ago. So... I cannot wait for this solution to get here ...ASAP.

My main concern was having to twice wrangle with the nearly 70 Lbs per battery (Times 8) that comes with having to replace those Four Dead 100 Amp Hour Boat Anchors resting on that slide rack underneath there right now. The New Li-Po Batteries weigh about 1/3 as much: about that of Two Big Boxes of Kitty Litter and so, working the Four of them into the Ryobi Tray will be fairly easy. Also, losing that amount of excess Lead Weight also means that the Electric Rear Wheels Drive Motor ...AND... The Two New Blade Motors will have a MUCH easier time of it as well.

These New Li-Po Batteries hold the promise of solving my present problems ...for at least a Decade to come... and for me, that would reflect my optimism of challenging what is left of my own life... By God's Fair Grace ...for my own durability when matched against the promise those Li-Po Batteries hold for being trouble free for at least that length of time.

Using this idea as a worthwhile Bench-Mark for me trying to last up to 85 Years of age while still cutting the Grass around my home with the Ryobi Riding Mower... .that might well be growing over me by then.. is both Funny and Ironic in a way and as Good A True Motivation as any for me to keep on fighting ahead, and "NOT To Go Gently... Into That Good Night..." :>)

The Moral of The Story:

If Ordinary Lead-Acid 100 Amp Hour (and Extraordinary AGM) Lead-Acid Batteries will Only Last Three Years when powering the Ryobi and cost just as much as THESE do... I say Bring on the Ten Year Lithium Ion-Phosphate Batteries... And Damn The Torpedoes ... Full Speed Ahead...

Seven Months AFTER The Battery Conversion...

And two other "Elder Battery Swap Masters" with more "How Tos" on this Conversion:

Proof Of Purchase:

LITIMEBATTERIES2.jpg

LIPOBATTERIESBUY.jpg

PS... All the Due Diligence is listed as Links to Products and Training Videos necessary to "Make The Switch" are present in the PDF below:

Attachments

• Lithium Ion Phosphate Batteries.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: movietvet

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
After a timely and educational PM with @Blckshdw ... I should mention first how important our relationships are HERE at GMT Nation, for when it comes to relying upon giving and receiving advice and counsel, his information is so prescient and important right now...and I am so VERY Grateful to him for it!

With the burden of trying to get the Ryobi RM480E Bullet-Proofed against failures... I followed his advice after recognizing having had the SAME symptoms of Interrupted Acceleration I also experienced. This discussion lead me back to @Blckshdw ’s Post #2,270 from the “What Came in the Mail Today?” Thread:

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/what-came-in-your-mail-today.12962/page-57

RYOBICONTROLLER.jpg

20240319_170424_resize.jpgRYOBICONTROLLER1.jpg

...and it follows on that I might have my chance to get once of these...Stateside ...Hopefully ASAP:

Ryobi Drive Controller Part# H0M996508001

Available HERE...

https://www.partselect.com/PS16477177-Ryobi-996508001-Drive-Motor-Controller-V.htm

PARTSELECTRYOBI.jpg

...and Available HERE…

https://www.partswarehouse.com/Homelite-Ridgid-Ryobi-Drive-Motor-Controller-HM-9-p/hm-996508001.htm

PARTSWAREHOUSERYOBI1.jpg

It only remains to confirm with @Blckshdw that these two items match the one he purchased direct from Ryobi of Japan (@ a Comparable Price?) ...and whether or not the Strange Acceleration Issue occurred BEFORE or AFTER he replaced One of his Four AGM 75 Amp Hour Batteries... before I *Pull The Pin* and make this order from the place that can perform the Sale with the FASTEST S&H Possible:

Thanks In Advance!

PS Was it necessary to remove the Battery Tray first in order to access and R&R the Drive Controller from the driver's rear inside Chassis area?

Attachments

• PARTSELECTRYOBI1.jpg
    PARTSELECTRYOBI1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
@mrrsm I had 2 issues. The battery problem was one of my own creation, when I bought a 15 gallon ATV mounted tank sprayer to use with the mower. The pump for it was 12V, so I clamped the leads onto a single battery in the tray. Since that one battery would charge at the same rate as the other 3, it never regained it's full capacity, and eventually went dead. As a result my overall runtime slowly tanked, to the point I could only cut half of my 1/3 acre property on a "full" charge, whereas before, I could cut the entire property 3 times on a single charge.

The intermittent stop/start issue had started before that, but increased in frequency over the last couple of summers. I put the front up on ramps, then jacked up the rear to sit on jack stands so I could troubleshoot. Took me a while to get a pin out of the harnesses, but once I did, I could sit stationary in the garage, with a fan keeping me cool, and run various tests on the motor controller input connections (accelerator pedal, brake pedal, F/R selector, power and ground) with my meter to see if there was some component that was failing, causing the motor controller to stop. Long story short, every input tested remained as expected when the problem occurred, leading me to confirm it was the controller itself at fault.

20230814_181255.jpg

After you remove the rear cover on the battery tray, you can remove the left side cover where the motor controller is. There's 4 nuts on the outside of the frame, the bolts come through from the inside. All of the connectors are shrink wrapped with some really tough stuff. Be careful when cutting through them. The white connector for the hall effect sensor is the most difficult to open up. Do that one last, as it requires the most patience. :twocents:

I ordered my replacement through the Ryobi site I gave you, and their domestic partner Gardner Inc filled the order, $377 with shipping, out of Columbus, OH, took 3 days via UPS ground. :thumbsup:

• Love
Reactions: movietvet and mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Really Good Diagnostic Stuff Here... A Thousand Thanks (Tusen Takke) ... I decided on the Parts Warehouse On-Line location because they had the item in stock (and for $10.00 Less) and had an option to Speed Up Shipping Time. The Four LI-FE-PO 100AH Batteries on order via Amazon should arrive around April 19th, 2024, so the Controller should also be here by then as well. I will be VERY careful working through that Industrial Grade Wire Shrink Wrap once I get close enough to perform this R&R once I pull off the side panels AND tug out that heavy Battery Tray to free up more space under there.

@Blckshdw ... I Really Do Appreciate all of these insights!!!

PARTSWAREHOUSEORDER1.jpeg

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
THIS will probably turn out to be the SCARIEST and MOST Technical Part of converting the Ryobi Model# RM480E Riding Electric lawn Mower from the OEM Lead-Acid Batteries over to the LI-FE-PO Batteries: "How To Install and Calibrate the NEW AILI Battery Power Gauge" ... Made SO Much EZR now after Viewing, Downloading, Saving and Reviewing THIS Excellent Video (AND I TOOK STAGED SCREEN SHOTS FOR CLARITY OF THESE STEP-BY-STEPS):

Part 1 of Two Parts showing the Hardware Set Up and Calibration Steps Photos:

AILIMONITORGAUGEDESCRIPTION.jpgENLARGEGAUGEOPENING1.jpgENLARGEGAUGEOPENING2.jpgINSERTGAUGEHARNESS1.jpgINSERTALIGNBATTERYGAUGE.jpgBATTERYSHUNTPARTS.jpgALIGNBATTERYSHUNTPARTS1.jpgALIGNBATTERYSHUNTPARTS2.jpgALIGNBATTERYSHUNTPARTS3.jpgALIGNBATTERYSHUNTPARTS4.jpgINSTALLEDBATTERYSHUNT.jpgBATTERYSHUNTCONNECTIONS.jpgTRIMBATTCOVERTOCLEARSHUNT.jpg

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Part 2 of Two Parts covering the Calibration of the newly installed Right Console Battery Power Monitor Display Gauge illustrating the *Push Button* Fascia Set Up Procedures for monitoring the LI-FE-PO 100AH Batteries in the Ryobi Model# RM480E 36" Riding Electric Mower:

SETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS1.jpgSETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS2.jpgSETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS3.jpgSETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS4.jpgSETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS5.jpgSETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS6.jpgSETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS7.jpgSETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS8.jpgSETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS9.jpgSETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS10.jpgMONITORUNDEROPERATION.jpgMONITORUNDEROPERATION2.jpgMONITORUNDEROPERATION3.jpg

Attachments

• SETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS.jpg
    SETMONITORGAUGEFUNCTIONS.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This sent to me by a friend. How many times we could have used something like this???

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
You Two Guys... Are Freaking Me OUT!

I JUST came in from the Garage after using THIS Gear on my Ryobi Grass Pick Up Dis-Charge Tube after finding a HUGE "L" Shaped Crack in it!. THIS version is only working at 100 Watts... BUT it gets hot enough to Melt Into Blow Molded Durable Plastic...and THIS is how things look up until it can Cool Down enough to use the Side Cutters.. I need to do more work on it to complete this Repair ...But at least you can see how it all behaves. Oh....and I guess I went a "Lil' Ova-board" on getting EXTRA S/S Wavy Thingeez... Hmmm... Stainless Steel Frankenstein Stitches!

PS... The Four New LI-FE-PO Batteries and LI Charger arrived Five Days Early via FEDEX S&H. :>)

ALLTURN1.jpgALLTURN2.jpgALLTURN3.jpgALLTURN4.jpgALLTURN5.jpgALLTURN6.jpgALLTURN7.jpgALLTURN8.jpgALLTURN9.jpgALLTURN10.jpg

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I feel a great responsibility to pass along The BEST and MOST Accurate information regarding making this transition from Lead Acid Batteries over to Lithium-Iron-Phosphate Batteries regarding THE USE OF EXISTING 12 Volt DC Chargers. In the Fewest Words:

DO NOT DO THIS!

Here are the Reasons WHY you NEED to use a LiFePO4 Charger:

One Other Safety Concern...

This transition from very heavy Lead Acid Batteries to LiFePO4 Batteries means a REDUCTION IN WEIGHT (APPROX 180 LBS) AND A RAISED CENTER OF GRAVITY. This means that if you were taking ANY Risks of Tipping Over on ANY Sloped Landscape...You must NOT Drive the Ryobi Riding Lawn Mower PARALLEL along the Slope. Instead ...you must drive the E-Mower at a Right Angle versus ANY Sloped Landscape (Uphill and Downhill) in order to Avoid Tipping or Toppling the Machine over on top of you!

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online