Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:wowfaint: Wow, they wanna limit you to 2700K? That seems a little extreme to me. Granted, I have been running 6000K bulbs since I got rid of stock, and plan to go with some 4500K bulbs when these burn out. Not sure I could go that far down the spectrum, at least not at this point.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I do agree that the new stock LED's are either poorly aimed or designed as I find them always glaring in my face. Never mind the idiots that don't re-aim their lights after converting to LED or HID.

LED light spectrum affecting humans. Give me an effing break! They just dispelled the whole blue light BS with phone screens and the the so called blue filters are actually worse.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's so stupid. The factory halogen bulbs on my truck are rated at about 1200 lumens and 3400k color temp! 800 lumens at 2700k is what 1980s sealed beam? Stupid.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And what do DRLs have anything to do with this? We've had them since the 80's and nobody has said anything. The US has always resisted mandating them however had no issues with forcing useless TPMS down our throats. Because the US was forced to, Canada is subjected to it by default however it doesn't go the other way for DRLs.

We do need better lighting, just like when we went from the old sealed incandescent to halogens, we are heading towards improvements but LEDs are being poorly implemented by OEMs. HIDs have been out for several years now and when properly implemented in projectors, they work fine. I have them stock in my Saab and I never get flashed with 4300k 35w bulbs. It's when you get clowns that throw in a set of stupid powerful HID or LED bulbs in headlights not designed for them, they blind the crap out of people.

I continually flash both the clowns and the new vehicles that blind me in the hope that they complain to their dealers to have them aimed down. And I'm in an SUV, I can just imagine someone closer to the ground.

• Love
Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher