To remove SS off doors or not??

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I debadged the entire rear, but left the door badges. (I did black inlays though)

TT1.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
jrSS said:
Man ur factory reps look good
Thanks!

A few years ago, a member from the OS came to a C'bus meet with OEM SS rims which he had chromed. Ever since then I've wanted chrome SS rims. Well, I won a set in a raffle at Carlisle. I love them. :yes:

IMG_5010.jpg

Back on topic though, I think you should keep the side SS badges. :twocents:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
That's what I was thinkin....I seen some SS's on ssowners debadged and they look CLEAN.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
blahhhh... leave um on... if anything, shave the rear... but the doors... SS means and stands for something, and is an american past time, thats coming back... wear um proudly!!! lol..

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
They're all sheeple over there. :lipsrsealed:

I had mine removed when I had my little squirrely overhaul...

You know what? I missed them. I missed having people come up to me and not beliving it's an SS.

What I got was a lot of "what is it?" "It's not a real one..." ( I coulda punched that fucknut in the balls... )

SO I put them back on. Imma working on inlays, as you know to make them stand out more.

SS is a long-standing culture and icon. Be proud of what you have. Show it off and drive it like it was stolen! :thumbsup:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I def. wanna see those. U know what I am talkin bout harmless.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
harmless said:
Show it off and drive it like it was stolen! :thumbsup:

not too much.. or you'll be like me and have a spun bearing AND a blown tranny.. all in a 3 month span!!!!:hissyfit::crackup:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Lol yea I dnt wanna do that. I get on the gas but mostly drive like a grandma. Lol

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
The "SS" is your truck, you would of kept the voy if you were not looking for that extra.
SS is From One of the best performance divisions the automobile industry I mean GM has the Europeans shitting bricks with the ZR1&ZL1 taking there ring. And the SS takes its all the way back to the beginning.
View attachment 21832
View attachment 21833
View attachment 21834
View attachment 21835
Im kind of a chevy fan. I hope this helps :rotfl:

Attachments

• 0511cr_01z+1959_Chevrolet_Impala+Two_Door_Red_Body_Driver_Side_Front_View.jpg
    0511cr_01z+1959_Chevrolet_Impala+Two_Door_Red_Body_Driver_Side_Front_View.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 78
  • old-vs-new-chevrolet-camaro-SS-taillights.jpg
    old-vs-new-chevrolet-camaro-SS-taillights.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 8
  • tbss.jpg
    tbss.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 2009-corvettezr1.jpg
    2009-corvettezr1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 79

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Just to clarify...I have decide that I am NOT taking them off.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Just adding my points :thumbsup: Kind of flew through the thread when I read you were thinking of taking them off lol

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I think you made the right call, but inserts would look good.

steven76

Mar 24, 2012
jrSS said:
Just to clarify...I have decide that I am NOT taking them off.

Hmmm...wonder how hard it would be to fabricate some "SS" magnets. Then you could have it both ways whenever you wanted. :biggrin:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
steven76 said:
Hmmm...wonder how hard it would be to fabricate some "SS" magnets. Then you could have it both ways whenever you wanted. :biggrin:

If you could embed the magnets in the back of the emblem it would work but if you just had to back it with the magnet tape nonsense it would be like a spacer and that would be fugly, Legit Idea non the less

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
not too much.. or you'll be like me and have a spun bearing AND a blown tranny.. all in a 3 month span!!!!:hissyfit::crackup:

:rotfl: I've done the tranny thing already. Anything else would just give me reason to burn it to the ground. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

jrSS said:
I def. wanna see those. U know what I am talkin bout harmless.

They are coming good Sir... they are coming. :wink:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
jimmyjam said:
Who hasn't? Sometimes is really hard to tell...

Why do I sense that this thread suddenly took a wrong turn. :rotfl:

rocky-horror-picture-show.jpg

Those ^^ are not the tranny issues I spoke of. For the record. :raspberry:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
jimmyjam said:
Who hasn't? Sometimes is really hard to tell...

I know when I bought my ss..it had 101000 miles on the o.d. I drove it and shifted hard on the "cold" start 1st-2nd. But seemed never to change. But after replacing battery, new belt, and air filter(cleaned the k&n) it seems to shift LOTS smoother now and after the initial cold start it shifts good now. Nice and smooth. Don't worry fellas I am planning on changing ALL fluids for new. But just for now its good. I don't beat the livin tard outta my ss only cuz I know of the mileage. And after the fluids are changed I am thinking about the modding part. It is fast enuf for me now so maint. comes 1st. So next year bring on the performance mods.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well decided to take them off to get them painted black. I did a damn good job. Now I just gotta buy some 3m adhesive to put them back on.
43eccd34-631b-85dd.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online