tis2000 in 2023?

lsxautumn

Original poster
Nov 10, 2022
Denver, CO, USA
Hello,

I have been trying for a long time to get a working setup with tis2000 using a VM with my vcxnano. I've tried windows xp sp3 and windows 7 32 bit with no luck. I can get it to where it wants the vin but from that point it will freeze out the whole vm and it fails badly. On winxp sp3 I can't even find the drivers for the nano. I am assuming it's something with my setup involving the nano itself. Ever since they switched to Techline connect I can't get my sps2 subscription to work properly either. This site is about the only resource I've found so far that has any useful info on this topic, yet a lot of links are gone now, same with videos. I also plan to buy an obdxpro tool here in the next week or so because I repair instrument clusters for a living and my nano doesn't work too well with the new IPC hammer software that's a game change for GM Clusters. Don't know if anyone here's messed with them.

Anyway I'd appreciate any up to date info about this. I greatly appreciate all the info on this forum.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You won't be able to use Techline with aTech 2 since it hasn't worked since the switchover. I would imagine they won't since it is like almost 30 years old.

As for Tis2000, check the pinned posts in the Tech 2 section. There are a couple of threads including one to make it work in a VM.

lsxautumn

Original poster
Nov 10, 2022
Denver, CO, USA
You won't be able to use Techline with aTech 2 since it hasn't worked since the switchover. I would imagine they won't since it is like almost 30 years old.

As for Tis2000, check the pinned posts in the Tech 2 section. There are a couple of threads including one to make it work in a VM.
I made a new windows 7 ultimate 32 bit VM installed tis2000 and the dongle crack, looked like it wasn't going to work again. Then I went into device manager changed the bit rate to 115200. Clicked advanced settings, unchecked "ignore the USB device serial number" and checked Enabling the serial port enumerator (serenum) and it successfully reprogrammed first try with a vcx nano. You guys are awesome for sharing so much information. I ordered an obdxpro GT today, wondering if it will work with tis2000 as well.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hope he checks in. He hasn't logged on since those posts.

rplatko1

Apr 6, 2024
Canada

I didn't realize that Tech 2 was obsolete. I purchased one from Facebook Marketplace recently. The gentleman was asking $350 for it. Oh additionally, the tech2 does work as a pass through with the tech line connect sps2

Last edited by a moderator:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
The "GYMKO" Tech 2s will work quite nicely up to around 2013 for GM & GMC Vehicles along with using the TIS2000 SPS Software with Dual Functionality for SPS Calibration Tech 2 Transfers - PASS-THRU activities from your Laptop Computer.

It's been a long time since the Tech 2 Clones were being offered in ranges from $4,000.00 to $1,500.00 and ever since ALIEXPRESS.COM started selling them for down around $550.00 and even less... they have become much more affordable (and much more enjoyable) than merely being THE High End GM Bosch Vetronix OEM Scan Tool Kit that we all used to just dream about owning. So if you made this purchase to satisfy the needs of your 2005 Chevrolet Suburban.... You will NOT be hurt one bit this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: rplatko1

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Oh additionally, the tech2 does work as a pass through with the tech line connect sps2
Interesting. They must have updated it. I'd try it but I don't have a need to use it right now. I might later to reprogram a cluster for my 2011 Caprice.

rplatko1

Apr 6, 2024
Canada
The "GYMKO" Tech 2s will work quite nicely up to around 2013 for GM & GMC Vehicles along with using the TIS2000 SPS Software with Dual Functionality for SPS Calibration Tech 2 Transfers - PASS-THRU activities from your Laptop Computer.

It's been a long time since the Tech 2 Clones were being offered in ranges from $4,000.00 to $1,500.00 and ever since ALIEXPRESS.COM started selling them for down around $550.00 and even less... they have become much more affordable (and much more enjoyable) than merely being THE High End GM Bosch Vetronix OEM Scan Tool Kit that we all used to just dream about owning. So if you made this purchase to satisfy the needs of your 2005 Chevrolet Suburban.... You will NOT be hurt one bit this way.

I agree 100%. I'm still trying messing around with it . I have upgraded several modules with it already. Although heavily worn and didn't light up, the DIC connector was taped up because of Chip piece of plastic missing, I bought it . At first he offered for $350 now he said 100. I said okay I'll take that risk. I took it home, removed the tape. I noticed that thr DIC was it making contact , the tape stretched. So after surgery.. it worked! I was very happy. And I am so new to all this and in the middle of the OEM TNR luxamp upgrade. Yikes what a mess

[Mod edit: Please add your response outside of the quoted text, otherwise it can get lost.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove