Tire Opinion

LochnessM

Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Los Angeles
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and recently got an 04' Trailblazer EXT 2wd. I wish I got the 4wd but I couldn't find a decent one around me. I know this topics been beat to death, but the tires on the TB are low and I want to change them out. I currently have the stock size tires of 245/65/17 and would like to go wider. It's mainly a daily driver, and I know off roading isn't an option with the 2wd. The suspension is all stock, and I don't plan on doing any spacers or lift. I would like to go to a wider tire, but is it a smarter idea to keep the stock tire size? I'm mainly interested in BFGoodrich AT T/A KO2 or the Michelin Defender. I am open to options though.

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
You can go to 60/17 but thats it on the front. Not much clearance at all from the upper ball joint. I turned mine by hand not long ago and probably still have skin off the back of my hand hanging off the ball joint. Took 5 stitches to close it up.
But seriously its going to be very close, Id eyeball em when their mounted and make sure there is no rubbing.

I think the later models like 2008-09 came with 60's but I could be wrong. Not sure how they did that, maybe a different wheel? Hopefully someone else can chime in on that, if it is a different wheel on those models and they will fit on the older models I'm going to keep a watch on the local junkyard for a set of them.

As far as the tires. We have a 2003 bought brand new and when i put a set of Michelins on it some years back it was like driving a new car all over again. Maybe the 1's that were on it were especially bad but Ive never been so shocked at the difference switching brands of tires could make in my life. I wont use anything else again ever..

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
265/65/17s would be close to the steering knuckle, but clear with no issues. I ran these for about 5 years. If you keep stock height tire size, you'll have plenty of room to spare.

IMAG0524_zps1bdb7859.jpg

Reactions: Matt and Reprise

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
2008's (mine) has 245 60 18 as stock. I have looked at the clearance but I can't say I have heard any "rub a dub dub".

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I recently looked up tire options for the Saab and finding some 255 55 18's has been a challenge. I looked at what the TB's can use and one option according to Tirerack were the 245 60 18. Diameter wise, they're just .6" bigger so speedo shouldn't be affected too much.

I think you can fit some bigger tires by using spacers but then body rub becomes the next concern.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.