Tire hitting rocker

Mirror

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
3" suspension lift
32.8x11.2x17 tires

I recently changed out my lower control arm bracket on the passenger side due to the bushings being toast. I also replaced the bushing/mount for the strut connecting arm on the LCA.

Before i replaced those parts, i had no problem with my tire hitting the front of the rocker while turning right. Now after install, everytime I turn right, especially when the suspension on that side gets a little compressed. Like when turning into a slightly angled driveway. The outer lugs of the tread hit the plastic that makes up the inner fender of the rocker. Driver side does not do this.
Everything is tighted down and when i bounce test the suspension, everything is tight.

Any clue what may now cause this?

Mirror

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
I pulled it all the way out like the driver side. Dont think there is any way to move the tire front and back.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Well the lca bracket is the only part that you replaced that can move the wheel around. The shock/strut mount definitely can't.

Get the right part/installed correctly and not upside down? My only thoughts other than moving it forward if that's an option.

Mirror

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Ya right part. I installed it and how would you move it forward?

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm honestly not sure of the adjustments or if it even has them for sure but it's the only answer I can come up with. Would loosen it and slide the bracket towards the front of the vehicle.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You really need to get an alignment after you do the LCA's. Eyeballing it will only do so much.

Reactions: djthumper

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bingo. That bracket requires an alignment and it will allow some fore n aft movement.

However I am not surprised that tires that size rub without a suspension and body lift honestly.

Mirror

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
I have a suspension lift. Its just weird that i have 0 problems with the driver side. Maybe i'll get a proper alignment done, now that it's winter. It's $111+13%tax here

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online