Tin can type noise

06denaliman

Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
Md
Have a wierd tin can dragging ground type noise. Only under light accel till about 45mph or so. Does not make it anyother time. Not braking or just revving in park or neutral. Have checked for anything loose and didnt find anything. Also noise if i give it quarter throttle i can hear noise get lil louder then trans shifts and it goes back to how it was when started. Here is a video of noise.

Second video can hear noise near end well

And also here is noise front end me spinning wheel could this be related to tin can noise i hear. This noise makes no sense because would think it has to be driveline but i only hear it on light accel not braking or anything

Let me know what you think.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Have a wierd tin can dragging ground type noise. Only under light accel till about 45mph or so. Does not make it anyother time. Not braking or just revving in park or neutral. Have checked for anything loose and didnt find anything. Also noise if i give it quarter throttle i can hear noise get lil louder then trans shifts and it goes back to how it was when started. Here is a video of noise.

Second video can hear noise near end well

And also here is noise front end me spinning wheel could this be related to tin can noise i hear. This noise makes no sense because would think it has to be driveline but i only hear it on light accel not braking or anything

Let me know what you think.
Did you take off the wheel and inspect the brake assembly when you did your initial check?
My friend's truck made a similar noise after he did a donut, turned out to be a rock that jammed itself between the rotor and caliper oddly enough. Sounds similar to the noise you have, most likely not the same problem, but perhaps the issue lies with the rotor or caliper?

Reactions: Mooseman

06denaliman

Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
Md
I have not. Whats wierd is it only on light accel. My wife and i picked this up 3 months ago. And i noticed they did rear brakes but only did the pads on the rear and left old rotors wonder if this could be related. To me if it was anything major would think it would do this all the time. Like if was a differential or something. Let me know if any other ideas pop up. Made it a personal goal to figure this out

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I have not. Whats wierd is it only on light accel. My wife and i picked this up 3 months ago. And i noticed they did rear brakes but only did the pads on the rear and left old rotors wonder if this could be related. To me if it was anything major would think it would do this all the time. Like if was a differential or something. Let me know if any other ideas pop up. Made it a personal goal to figure this out
I would inspect the rotors being that they only bothered to change the pads out.

06denaliman

Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
Md
I would inspect the rotors being that they only bothered to change the pads out.

Yeh i might have to do that. Have looked into it some and didnt see anything out of the ordinary. Its just a very odd noise. And i was thinking driveline related but its odd how it doesnt do it on braking or and other time not even just coasting.

Reactions: Capote

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.