Timing Chain job

aspevacek

Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Ok seeing we have the entire front end of my brothers truck and finally got the pan off. With in a few days we should start putting the new chain in and work on putting the rest of the truck back together. Would i tbe needed for me to take pictures and throw them up here incase anyone else ever desides to venture into the project?

I have the proper CAM holding tools from OTC and have years of experience building BMW Motors. I am just very bad at documenting things for other people to follow. I could put a littl edescription with the pics or link them to a Flikr account if that is needed because my ISP provides that to me.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
aspevacek said:
Would it be needed for me to take pictures and throw them up here incase anyone else ever desides to venture into the project?

Do it! I'm sure it would help someone, somewhere, at some time.:yes:

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
If you have the patience to stop and take the pics then by all means please do.

How did you finally get the pan off?

aspevacek

Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
my brother crawled under the truck with a torch and decided it was coming off or the truck was going to burn to the ground. He heated everything up way beyond the point i would have. At some point he stated the diff just kinda popped out of the pan. I went over and unbolted the pan and dropped it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online