Time to say goodbye

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Well the time has come for me to trade in the Trailblazer, just got a new house and very far from work and the 30 min drive combined with my 12/15 mpg just was not cutting it any more. So I picked this up

2013 GTI should get me around 30/35 mpg if I behave

6619020049x640.jpg

6619020217x640.jpg

jonbo2002

Sep 27, 2012
just a question but how is adding a car payment and insurence on a new car gonaing to save you money over the GTM360?:confused:

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
jonbo2002 said:
just a question but how is adding a car payment and insurence on a new car gonaing to save you money over the GTM360?:confused:

Had a pymt, it stayed the same, its just for a bit longer now. Insurance went up by 10 bucks. So instead of spending around $200 a month in gas I'll be well under 100. Also have all maintence/service covered for the next 80k miles

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice car but just cant do that interior. The seats are not for me.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
HARDTRAILZ said:

:iagree:

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

The plaid is one of the things that helped sell me on the car, I love it, picked that over one with leather

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
GtI's are fun!

May get worse mpgs than you think because of the fun factor. I like the seats, in a vw. Can u get the plaud with seat heaters? I wanted a gti, wife wanted a mazda3. Since its her car she won.

Anyone remember the VW commercial with the stinky free chair in the golf?!:rotfl:
and mr roboto

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
GtI's are fun!

May get worse mpgs than you think because of the fun factor. I like the seats, in a vw. Can u get the plaud with seat heaters? I wanted a gti, wife wanted a mazda3. Since its her car she won.

Anyone remember the VW commercial with the stinky free chair in the golf?!:rotfl:
and mr roboto

Yep, has the heated seats, I use them every single day. The heat helps relax my back one teh way home from work.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Me007gold said:
Yep, has the heated seats, I use them every single day. The heat helps relax my back one teh way home from work.

nice!
I like mine for long drives over a few days. And cold winters. And practical jokes. Turn it on before picking up a buddy. Esp in summer when a/c is on!

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Me007gold said:
The plaid is one of the things that helped sell me on the car, I love it, picked that over one with leather

I love the plaid seats. Looks like a fun little car

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Nooooooo!!! Dang you had a nice TB but you gotta do what's best for you/family. Nice car but the plaid on the sets reminds me of undies lol. Good Luck with the new ride/house my friend :thumbsup: Hope you still hang around the site your still part of the GMT Family.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
nice car. you did not go for the TDI did you?

I have an 09 TDI jetta wagon I put 100k miles on so far. probably saved me close to $10,000 in fuel over the TB.

if you plan to keep it for a while you may be interested in
Ross-Tech: VCDS

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
meerschm said:

I have an 09 TDI jetta wagon I put 100k miles on so far. probably saved me close to $10,000 in fuel over the TB.

I don't think you can get a GTI TDI. Golf yes, but not GTI I think.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
meerschm said:

No TDI GTI or GTD as they call it in other country's. If they did I would have gotten it. Really thinking about the vcds, the nice thing is is reasonibly priced, unlike a tech 2

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
VW doesn't offer the GTI in TDI because it would be s l o w e r than the 2.0t it has. Can't have both in the states unfortunately

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Nice GTI. :thumbsup: I had a 1983 Rabbit GTI. My how things have changed.

What I don't understand is why people feel like they have to say goodbye when they trade for something different. :confused: Sure, you probably won't spend as much time on this site. But it will always be here to stop in and say hello. :grouphug:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
BO TIE SS said:

What I don't understand is why people feel like they have to say goodbye when they trade for something different. :confused: Sure, you probably won't spend as much time on this site. But it will always be here to stop in and say hello. :grouphug:

Not to hijack or anything, but thanks BO TIE. I am getting a 2009 Forester at the end of the month and I have been bittersweet about about it. I will miss the 360 but its going to my lil sis who really does need an affordable SUV right now so at least it stays in the fam.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:

Its just the way it works sometimes. Every car I've had ive been active on those specific forums, but once you move on, you move on to that new forum, learning/reading/searching, Its hard to find time to go back. If I still posted on every forum I was once active on, I would never be able ot leave the house. Sure I go back and check occasionaly but once the cars gone, the main "reason" to be there is gone

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Dang man sucks to see ya go. Good luck with the new ride!

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
willn513 said:
Not to hijack or anything, but thanks BO TIE. I am getting a 2009 Forester at the end of the month and I have been bittersweet about about it. I will miss the 360 but its going to my lil sis who really does need an affordable SUV right now so at least it stays in the fam.
You will still be expected to attend all Cincinnati meets. :raspberry:

Me007gold said:
Sure I go back and check occasionaly but once the cars gone, the main "reason" to be there is gone
Which is why I said "stop in and say hello". :biggrin:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I guess Congrats. If the TB hasn't sold, go and put a BUNCH of GMTNation stickers and notes on it. That way we have someone else to take your place and torture. :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online