Time for some new skins

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
I drive my ride 100 miles on the interstate everyday to and from work. In the winter time I do alot of mountain driving. The last time I dropped $1000 for 4 new tires I was not pleased with them at all. Any input would be awesome.

Running stock
245/65-17 on 05' 4WD Envoy.

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
What are you running now? What didnt you like about them (looks, noise, lack of traction, wear, pricetag)? Will these be year round tires or only winter? Budget?

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
Im looking to spend anywhere from 600-1000. They seem to ride nice, but they sucked in the rain and snow. In the rain just had that uneasy feeling like they wheren't connected to the road. They where Prospector SUV's. They where a 70K tire and I got just about 50K from them. I'm not a fan of the place that I got them, so I wont go back there anymore. I would like to be able to get a summer set and a winter set, but that is not in the budget right now.

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
Bfg ta/ko all terrain, I've heard that the are real good dd tires.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Also look at the Firestone Destination A/T, they're well within your budget and they are a great tyre, AFAIC.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I have always been happy with my Fuzion XT-I. Traction has always been good not to loud and they last for a good amount of time. You cannot base the mileage rating on how long tires will last. Too many variables to actually account for.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Have you considered Toyo tires? I have a smear set and a winter set. So far these are my favorite tires. I had Michelin LTX/MS all season before and loved those too. Check out some Toyo's :thumbsup: ...

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
Well I will start looking at what everyone heree has recommended and keep you posted.

Thanks for all the help.

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Matt said:
Also look at the Firestone Destination A/T, they're well within your budget and they are a great tyre, AFAIC.

I am running the LE's. I think they are a good tire for what i use them for. Mostly DD with enough tread to get me into and out of(most of the time) trouble off pavement. A/T's are a little beefier, which may suit you better for your winter/mountain driving.

Mar 15, 2012
Here are a couple more you can add to your list in your budget range. 1. General Gabber AT2. I had the original Grabber AT on a work vehicle that had to be out in all weather and I was impressed by their bad weather performance. 2. Toyo Open Country A/T. I had them on a prior Ford Expedition and they were great. I had no problem in snow or rain and they were relatively quiet on the highway. Do not expect the Toyo's useful life to last much more than 40K. Good Luck. I hate shopping for tires, I have a broken belt on my Envoy that needs addressed now.

de3jr88

Dec 8, 2011
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Here's one more to consider, Goodyear Fortera Triple Tread. They are a great all weather tire and have the 'snowflake' designation making them great in winter conditions as well. I have 20000 miles on mine and find them to be outstanding in all conditions and they ride nice and are quiet as well.

- - - Updated - - -

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
[SUB][/SUB]
de3jr88 said:
Here's one more to consider, Goodyear Fortera Triple Tread. They are a great all weather tire and have the 'snowflake' designation making them great in winter conditions as well. I have 20000 miles on mine and find them to be outstanding in all conditions and they ride nice and are quiet as well.

- - - Updated - - -

These are the ones I was originally looking at. I have heard good things about them,

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online