Time for new Mods!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Finally time for some new shoes. As some know been debating on whether to go with adapters or stick to our bolt pattern. Well after searching around here couldn't find what I was looking for in 17's! Most here are 20's which means Adapters + Rims + new Tires! too much to handle sooo i'm gonna stick to our pattern.

That being said I just pulled the trigger on American Trench 17's in Chrome. Though would have preferred them in Silver finish, they don't manufacture them anymore! :mad: ! Here's how they look like on a dakota! It looks great especially with my ride color! I got the deal for $1,087 including international shipping. That's a hell of a deal for me! :wootwoot:

Got some chest pains though! Still alot of money lol

May2008084.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Lol, your thread title is SO fitting. It's ALWAYS time for new mods!! :laugh: Those AR Trenches are some nice rims, they'll look pretty sweet on your truck. Damn good deal on the price you got too! :thumbsup:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Haha! Believe it or not the topic was gonna be time for new shoes! Guess was thinking the word mod lol! But yeh always time for new mods! Been a while for me though lol!

Anyways this week also installing the new HU and running boards So in a way does apply! All can think about is the rims though lol!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i see you love that color blue bro.. looks very familiar :undecided: :crackup:

lookin good bro :thumbsup:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
i see you love that color blue bro.. looks very familiar :undecided: :crackup:

lookin good bro :thumbsup:

yup love it! You know any members with the same color? :rotfl:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
My new wheels are supposed to arrive tomorrow so I put up an ad for my old 17's! A guy contacted me and is gonna buy them from me, and he has 20's on his imported TB from the US that he wanted to get rid of. They are sweet! anyone know what brand they are? Damn wish I knew about them, they would of been perfect!

2.png

1.png

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
They're here! Finally got my new shoes! Will post better pix later!

aa6983de.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
fadyasha said:
They're here! Finally got my new shoes! Will post better pix later!

aa6983de.jpg

Nice addition with the rims man. :thumbsup:

Are your fog lights all hazed over? :undecided: Maybe polishing/sanding those to clean them up might make it on your to-do list? :raspberry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Your best bet is to watch some youtube videos. :yes:

I bought a 3M kit, that has a drill mounting pad, some sanding discs and a polishing pad, cuz I'm lazy like that. It was OK, you're supposed to do it with the lights mounted to the vehicle, and tape off the surrounding painted edges, but since I was whistler modding at the same time, I tried to do it with the lights on a table. :ugh: Didn't work out as well as I wanted.

Obviously for the fogs, you'll have to take those out for sure.

**clicky**

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Went through YouTube and people are using toothpaste lool! You guys are lucky, we don't have these products here!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
fadyasha said:
Went through YouTube and people are using toothpaste lool! You guys are lucky, we don't have these products here!

:crackup: Well if you don't wanna go THAT cheap, you can use some sandpaper... Basically you have to sand down that oxidized layer and get down to clear plastic below it. Then smooth out your scratches from the sanding with a finer grit, polish when you're done to get the shiny surface back.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Loool I'm gonna order some cleaning products today

Haha Sorry to disappoint you man but streets in saudi wont allow it! I'm going with bigger tires because I'm already lifted lol

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
My second mod for this month are the new running boards but first gave my ride a wash after my road trip yest!

33b4f03e.jpg

Running board
7e75d9bf.jpg

close view
a5c73c72.jpg

Full view!
a5c4c2b2.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I like em!! Deff cool :yes:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I agree, never seen them on our GMT's before. I like the look of them!

Good job!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Blckshdw said:
fadyasha said:

:crackup: Well if you don't wanna go THAT cheap, you can use some sandpaper... Basically you have to sand down that oxidized layer and get down to clear plastic below it. Then smooth out your scratches from the sanding with a finer grit, polish when you're done to get the shiny surface back.

:undecided: I don't remember you posting it, but how did you go about restoring your lenses, did you go the toothpaste route too? If so, I would have paid to see video of that! :tongue:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: I don't remember you posting it, but how did you go about restoring your lenses, did you go the toothpaste route too? If so, I would have paid to see video of that! :tongue:

I'd actually like to know too....I'm half tempted on trying the toothpaste method myself lol. My one lens was "buffed" with 200 grit sand paper :eek:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Voymom said:
I'd actually like to know too....I'm half tempted on trying the toothpaste method myself lol. My one lens was "buffed" with 200 grit sand paper :eek:

200? :eek: is right!!!

The kit I bought works OK, although the power drill I'm using is almost as old as I am :ugh: Plus I was scared to burn the lens so I probably should have put more pressure on it, which would have been easier to do with the lights still on the truck.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Thanks all! I love how they look and how close they are to the frame! Been wanting to get them for a few months now!

Nope had to drill new holes and use the new brackets with the running boards. Well not me but the guy that installed them. Free installation service upon purchase loool! How can I turn that down :wink:

About the polishing I was tempted to try so I tried it on my fog lights lol! Believe it or not it worked but a PITA! Using toothpaste is temporary probably! A cheap way to do it before selling your car lool!

I got a polish set from one of the shops here that provides the service :wink:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
I'm not really feeling the halo projectors I have anymore. Don't feel it fits my theme for some reason! Thinking of getting euro style headlights with retrofit projector. Votes?

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
I kinda have to agree with you on the Halo projectors...I like them a lot on most other vehicles, but for some reason they're just not for me on the TrailBlazers. I've got the stockers with my lenses nice n shiny and i've added HIDs, couldn't be happier. Thinking of converting my fogs to HIDs too. New here though, so i'll have to look around the site to see if anyone else has done that and has any advice. Nice work on your ride though man! :thumbsup:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Thanks man. I used to love them, but think they need the more aggressive look with 20's and lowering kit. Not 17's and a lift lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
There hasn't been a seller pushing OEM style headlights with clear corner lenses other than SAE Auto, with the black plastic in a few years. They overcharge WAY too much, so unless people had money to burn, they just made them themselves. Looks like you could be the new guinnea pig for these though. :undecided:

If you weren't gonna go with chrome, I'd say buy a pair of stock replacement lights and do em yourself, maybe color match the inside plastic :thumbsup:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
There hasn't been a seller pushing OEM style headlights with clear corner lenses other than SAE Auto, with the black plastic in a few years. They overcharge WAY too much, so unless people had money to burn, they just made them themselves. Looks like you could be the new guinnea pig for these though. :undecided:

If you weren't gonna go with chrome, I'd say buy a pair of stock replacement lights and do em yourself, maybe color match the inside plastic :thumbsup:

That's another idea. Thing is after I took apart my headlights, they never went back to normal :lipsrsealed:! Dust started getting in and water leaking so now they're not so shiny anymore. :mad:

Took em off again and double checked my work but I guess these aftermarket crappers weren't made for taking apart lol! So I finally decided I'd just go for brand new ones :tongue:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
What did you use to seal them back up? I know the first time I put mine back together, I didn't seal them well enough, and the first time I went through a ride through car wash, I had water in the bottom of them. :duh: Had to take them apart again to drain em, and reseal them again, next time using more RTV to make sure there were no gaps. :yes:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
What did you use to seal them back up? I know the first time I put mine back together, I didn't seal them well enough, and the first time I went through a ride through car wash, I had water in the bottom of them. :duh: Had to take them apart again to drain em, and reseal them again, next time using more RTV to make sure there were no gaps. :yes:

Hmm not really sure but it was Loctite adhesive. There were plenty of types, but went for the one that glues plastic and stuff lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
fadyasha said:
Hmm not really sure but it was Loctite adhesive. There were plenty of types, but went for the one that glues plastic and stuff lol

I think that may have been your problem. Everyone I talked to prior to doing mine, said to use room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) silicone adhesive, since it makes a water tight gasket in addition to holding your parts together.

How did you apply it? When I did mine, I tried to replicate how it came OEM, with a bead of silicone around the base, then put the front lens on making an inner seal, which caused some to squeeze out around the edges. Then putting another bead around the edge where some squeezed out, and then smoothed it out, forming a silicone sealant sandwich around the front lens piece. :twocents:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
I think that may have been your problem. Everyone I talked to prior to doing mine, said to use room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) silicone adhesive, since it makes a water tight gasket in addition to holding your parts together.

How did you apply it? When I did mine, I tried to replicate how it came OEM, with a bead of silicone around the base, then put the front lens on making an inner seal, which caused some to squeeze out around the edges. Then putting another bead around the edge where some squeezed out, and then smoothed it out, forming a silicone sealant sandwich around the front lens piece. :twocents:

Thanks for the advice, i'll see if I can get to it during the weekend! My 9 month old daughter is becoming extremely active and hard to do anything anymore lol! I'm also planning on purchasing new Europe style headlights. Dammit I had them but sold them when got my CCFL projectors. I wasn't thinking back then when first bought my truck lol!

The price is good but shipping is like $118! is that even possible lol!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
3rd mod this month is installing the PCMFORLESS intake. I only took the pipe and rest I already had lol! Love the setup and the sound

f544ecdc.jpg

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
jrSS said:
Holy shit...ur bay is purty durty

You haven't seen the half of it! Here in saudi we get sand storms every other week. I literally cleaned out sand from my filter box this afternoon!

Temperatures were reaching 45 degrees Celsius out so I had to wrap up quickly! I'm do for a polish soon so will work the bay too :tongue:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Last mod for the month :smile: got the MarkMc lift front only and going to install rear Tahoe springs 2007+ of course. I'm getting rid of the custom lift I have. Not that it's bad but it was temporary Til financials got better.

I'm sticking with the same height, don't do hardcore offroadong so this lift amount is good enough for me :wink:

7feedb07.jpg

What a PITA!!
0a786289.jpg

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
fadyasha said:
Last mod for the month :smile: got the MarkMc lift front only and going to install rear Tahoe springs 2007+ of course. I'm getting rid of the custom lift I have. Not that it's bad but it was temporary Til financials got better.

I'm sticking with the same height, don't do hardcore offroadong so this lift amount is good enough for me :wink:

7feedb07.jpg

What a PITA!!
0a786289.jpg

Damn thing lol! After finishing and going for a test drive the right is making a squeaky noise! Long day.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online