Time for all good members to come to the aid of the site

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Automatic or manual renewals option?

Automatic would probably need the account. Manual I don't see why it would. I believe when I did mine a while back it gave me the option (in small lettering at the bottom) to continue without creating an account. I already have a paypal so I just use that.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That's how it was for me when I first became a premium member, and when buying off some Sellers on Ebay. There was always the choice of continuing without signing up

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did the subscriptions change? I just got a renewal notice and it wants me to renew at $20 for 6 months but if I switch to the silver, it's $20 for 12 months.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
There used to be just premium but they added tiers. Gold is basically what Premium used to be $40 for the year, Silver is half that.

Apparently there are a few differences between the old Premium and Gold but nothing major IMO. Something about a 150MB limit on gallery capacity, but if you were to run out of gallery space there is always a free service like photobucket. Even so, with properly resized pictures that 150MB will hold a fair number of photos.

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014
I pulled a hiatus on all forum and social media activity the past few months.

I encountered an electrical problem with my Ranier, so dropped by here looking for wiring and/or schematic info.

bobdec gave me just what I needed to pinpoint the faulty wire/connection.

With that, this forum saved me hours of grief and research... and I'd like to make a one time donation to this forum as a symbol of appreciation.

Can I do that without having to purchase a membership?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
808_LS_EXT said:
With that, this forum saved me hours of grief and research... and I'd like to make a one time donation to this forum as a symbol of appreciation.

Can I do that without having to purchase a membership?
:thankyou: There should be a Donation button on the right pane near the top. :thumbsup:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yes, there should be a donate tab up towards the top right when on a computer. I also think there's a life-saver looking thing (kinda faint) at the very top that'll take you to the right place when you click it.

-mods are quick :yes:

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014
Done.

Glad to make a tiny contribution to this site's existence. :thumbsup:

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Been seeing a few new faces and thought I'd give this thread a bump.

I know I've saved thousands by using the advice and data found here on this site. Not to mention the friendships I have made, too.

It takes $$$$ to have this site running. Become a supporting member today, keep it in mind when you work that hour of OT, or if/when you can.

Ccarry on!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Another week, so bumping this for all the new members!

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Never really paid much attention to this part of the forum. Didn't know there was a subscription to support or donation button. Almost always on mobile these days. So I don't see that stuff. Next payday you can count me in for premium membership. Hell I've gotten way more than $40 worth of knowledge off this forum. Lol.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
This is actually my first post, being a new Envoy XL owner as of about 2 weeks ago. Used to own an exploder (actually, 3(!) of them), and have finally come to my senses. But I was a subscriber on Serious Explorations, and I can see that this is the same type of community that that one is - so I'll be happy to subscribe.

Only thing is, the page where we fill out our name /address info isn't secure (https), and I don't want to post that info otherwise. Is there a PayPal account linked to this site where I can donate through there directly? If so, let me know (PM is OK, if needed), and I'll logon to my account there and send a donation.

Thanks!

PS: If someone can link to background info on how / why everyone left that 'other' site (I saw the name 'vertical' whatever - made me sick when I found their site and saw all of the automotive sites they owned - some of which I've been a member / posted on in the past), I'd appreciate it - just curious what set that wheel in motion - because I *did* find that other site first - it was *only* through someone posting the name of this one in a thread over there that I found out about GMTN.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Reprise said:
This is actually my first post, being a new Envoy XL owner as of about 2 weeks ago. Used to own an exploder (actually, 3(!) of them), and have finally come to my senses. But I was a subscriber on Serious Explorations, and I can see that this is the same type of community that that one is - so I'll be happy to subscribe.

Only thing is, the page where we fill out our name /address info isn't secure (https), and I don't want to post that info otherwise. Is there a PayPal account linked to this site where I can donate through there directly? If so, let me know (PM is OK, if needed), and I'll logon to my account there and send a donation.

Thanks!

PS: If someone can link to background info on how / why everyone left that 'other' site (I saw the name 'vertical' whatever - made me sick when I found their site and saw all of the automotive sites they owned - some of which I've been a member / posted on in the past), I'd appreciate it - just curious what set that wheel in motion - because I *did* find that other site first - it was *only* through someone posting the name of this one in a thread over there that I found out about GMTN.
I wasn't aware that the donation page wasn't secure, I'll make sure that's looked into. The payment method IS through PayPal though, so I'm not sure how the process is setup, if the address in step 1 has to match the address of your PayPal account or not.

As for the history, check this link here. :coffee:

http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/218-welcome-to-gmtnationcom-heres-the-story/

Reactions: Sib and Mounce

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
All of your payment information is done though PayPal as required for payment transactions for security. Any information before asking for payment information is where it is not a secured site. I will try to find out the direct PayPal connection.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Mounce said:
I've got it in my PayPal history. Want me to post it or should it be kept private?
Mounce - if you'd be so kind to PM me the account name - I don't see a search function within PP, so unless I have the exact name, I can't 'look up' the account. Thanks!

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
djthumper said:
the email address?
Sorry, never saw your reply.
Reprise said:
Mounce - if you'd be so kind to PM me the account name - I don't see a search function within PP, so unless I have the exact name, I can't 'look up' the account. Thanks!
Email is admin@gmtnation.com
Business name is GMT Nation, LLC

I'm not sure if you'll automatically be given a membership upon payment if you just send it straight to PP instead of going through the site. If you're not given one, PM a moderator and they'll get you fixed up before the days end.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If you click on the donate button, it should all be automatic. Or if you go through the membership link, you'll have the choice of different levels.

If you do have an issue, you'll need an admin like djthumper to clear that kind of stuff.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Mooseman said:
If you click on the donate button, it should all be automatic. Or if you go through the membership link, you'll have the choice of different levels.

If you do have an issue, you'll need an admin like djthumper to clear that kind of stuff.
You must've missed his other post, thus not understanding why he doesn't want to go that route.
Reprise said:

Thanks!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Been seeing a few new faces and thought I'd give this thread a bump.

I know I've saved thousands by using the advice and data found here on this site. Not to mention the friendships I have made, too.

It takes $$$$ to have this site running. Become a supporting member today, keep it in mind when you work that hour of OT, or if/when you can.

Ccarry on!
Just thought I'd quote this post...it was a good one :thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes, very timely to revive this thread. As you may know, these upgrades came at a time when funds are needed to keep the site going and in the hopes of generating some revenue. Ads provide some but the majority comes from members either donating or becoming supporting members.

I've added a line to my sig with links to each option. Think about it. How much money have you saved with the information and assistance you received here? If you give a small portion of that to the site, think of it as a "tip".

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
We have over 7500 members on the forums. If everyone pitched in a few dollars we would be able to cover our expenses for the site.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Definetly good value for the money. The new layout is well done, easy to navigate on a phone without losing any features. I enjoy being a supporting member, the "anything goes forum" is a lot of fun!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I just renewed my membership actually. Very well worth it imo.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
We can definitely use some help this year with keeping this place alive and growing. Thanks to all that have helped out over the years!

Reactions: djthumper

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
It is that time of the year again gentlemen, the bills are due and the funds are low! Gmtnation depends on its members for a significant amount of the funds to operate the site, and it is time now to give back!

Need I remind you that we are not consumed by annoying ads, popping up running our experience? This comes at a cost and you CAN make a difference!

It feels really good to give, and you get a nice little silver, gold, or platinum status under your name to show that you appreciate the site, and that you are a contributor!

Also guys, even if you can't afford a membership anything helps, it's super easy just sign into your PayPal and make a donation. Even if you can afford only $10 it would be appreciated! There is strength in numbers, if everyone gives a little it adds up to be a lot!

Merry Christmas! :tiphat:

Donation Campaign 1
Donation Campaign 2

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And like my sig says, if you saved some money from advice received here, maybe give a little back to the community to keep the savings going.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.