Thoughts on new ride

Ilikemy3s

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
So finally getting around to replace my dear departed 04 Envoy XL. Found a nice 05 Trailblazer for 9800.00 with the following options

82k on odometer
Pwr seats, windows
Heated per mirrors
Bose
Onstar
DIC
Fog lights
Rear step bumper
Tow package
Front tow hooks
Clean Carfax
Sliding sun roof
Rear audio controls
No rust or paint issues. Was a trade in at same Chevy dealer

KBB says its a fair price

Any thoughts or comments or things I should double check on?

As always thanks for the insight

Reactions: Bow_Tied

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
I haven't sopped for one for me yet, but maybe it's $1-2K high(?). It's an LT, so it will be a bit higher.

Check all the rubber with the front end. Drive it to confirm temp reading high enough. Go trough all the 4WD settings. Can anyone confirm the transfer case fluid was changed at 50K miles? Check the color of the trans fluid.

Good luck!

Reactions: Sib

Ilikemy3s

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Robbabob said:
I haven't sopped for one for me yet, but maybe it's $1-2K high(?). It's an LT, so it will be a bit higher.

Check all the rubber with the front end. Drive it to confirm temp reading high enough. Go trough all the 4WD settings. Can anyone confirm the transfer case fluid was changed at 50K miles? Check the color of the trans fluid.

Good luck!

Thanks for info. I forgot to mention it has
Side curtain airbags
Auto climate control

I did take it for a good ride and ran it thru all the gears and 4x4 It tracked straight and no pull to side when I hit the brakes. No body roll and no clunks or squeaks or noises. Checked oil and it seemed ok as in good color, no burnt smell and no milky residue around cap. Tires are ok but it will need them

Reactions: Robbabob

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Not that I am an expert, but it seems you have what you need to go in with what it takes to make a deal. Tell us how it goes!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
9800 isn't bad for my area. Mine was 7 something with 96k and like no options. Though there is an 07 with warrenty left and 89k most of those options for like 85 and it hasn't sold. See if the spare tire lowers. [emoji2]

Reactions: Ilikemy3s

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Slide under n look for rust or offroad use. Check inner door bottoms for rust as well as under front of hood. Grab all front end components and check for tightness.

Ilikemy3s

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
littleblazer said:
9800 isn't bad for my area. Mine was 7 something with 96k and like no options. Though there is an 07 with warrenty left and 89k most of those options for like 85 and it hasn't sold. See if the spare tire lowers. [emoji2]
Do you have a link for that ad. I might use it for leverage to see if the dealer will come down on price any ....

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I just make an offer for cash number and don't worry about justifying it. Either they want a sale or not. Have your financing or cash from somewhere other than the dealer for sure unless you want bent over.

Reactions: Eric04

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher