This is why I DIY... last visit to mechanic shop

Tuberattler

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
On my last visit to the mechanic's shop LAST YEAR this time the mechanic took the resonator off to clean the Throttle body and left the Crankcase Vent tube squished under the Resonator because HE DIDN'T hook it back up!! Arrrgg!!

Now I'm working on it and find this...

View attachment 17586

This is just lame every mechanic knows to check for all attachments and fittings.

Attachments

• CSPearl Drum 001.jpg
    CSPearl Drum 001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 37
  • CSPearl Drum 002.jpg
    CSPearl Drum 002.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 47

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Tuberattler said:
This is just lame every mechanic knows to check for all attachments and fittings.

This is true, but it's whether or not they actually take the time to do it right. Clearly they screwed you on this job.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Tuberattler said:
On my last visit to the mechanic's shop LAST YEAR this time the mechanic took the resonator off to clean the Throttle body and left the Crankcase Vent tube squished under the Resonator because HE DIDN'T hook it back up!! Arrrgg!!

View attachment 2198View attachment 2199

Was that the cause of the other problem?

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
That kind of thing is exactly why whenever Ive had anybody work on my truck besides myself (only twice!) Ive gotten home and thoroughly checked everything over that they touched.

With our L300, it had the 3 year 40,000 mile maintenance plan with the Saturn Dealer. Everytime the better half brought it in for an oil change, I'd check the car the second it got home. Good thing, because twice they cracked the drain plug (the 3.0 Saturn engine uses a 'unique' drain plug that is torx and if you overtighten it, it will crack in half) and oil was pouring out, and another time they did the trans service and overfilled it so much the whole underhood was SOAKED. I had them pay for a tow back to the shop with the trans and fix the problem, add a warranty to the trans (just in case it built up too much line pressure and damaged something on the way home) AND detail the whole engine bay. :mad: :mad:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
A friend had his Acura serviced including flushing the cooling system. Guess what they forgot to refill! Dead on the side of I95 while waiting for them to send a tow. They ended up replacing the head gasket,another oil change. He also got a deluxe engine warrenty at their expense.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
Tuberattler said:

View attachment 2198View attachment 2199

so your engine has basically been sucking dust into your valve cover for about a year. It should greatly enhance your engine life.
This would make me so freaking mad!
This is why I do everything I can myself. Sure I'll screw up and forget stuff sometimes but it is my screw up that I have to live with and not someone else's.

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
No matter how long you've known your mechanic or how long you guys have been buddies, a mechanic will NEVER do a better job than you would on your car, keeping in mind that you know what you're doing. As a car owner, no one will show your car as much love as you would :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That sucks. That is just the reason I do everything but alignments myself. I do not trust anyone, except some good friends and members here, to work on my truck.

Tuberattler

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Yes, it's been sucking dirt for a year, the only good thing it that the Resonator squished the vent tube so hard it was "almost" closed... :sadcry:

Dec 29, 2011
I always use to be with the mechanic or whoever worked on my cars so I could see what they were doing just so I could learn. Well when I got older I started to just drop off vehicles and let the people do what they need to do. From then on I always got screwed, always left the place with more problems then when I came there. Just like lastnight and dealing with f'ing Discount Tire, swear to god they slashed my damn tire just to try and make me buy a new one. I posted this who thing over on Trailvoy earlier today before Roadie told me about this site. Thanks Roadie!

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
ieatglue said:
No matter how long you've known your mechanic or how long you guys have been buddies, a mechanic will NEVER do a better job than you would on your car, keeping in mind that you know what you're doing. As a car owner, no one will show your car as much love as you would :biggrin:

I agree. But I hate when I screw something up and I only have myself to blame! :biggrin: :duh: But then again, I'd rather screw it up myself and KNOW that I did wrong, than somebody else who doesnt tell me what they did or just leaves it that way...

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
ieatglue said:

:iagree: 100% Someone who I thought was a good friend that always worked on my cars, started to not care anymore cause he wasn't happy at his shop anymore and screwed up my Trans Am and of course I didn't find this out til after I sold it and from his coworker...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online