Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Seems like everyone get's it....except GM. :confused:

Reactions: Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I would so buy that. Was looking at that yesterday.. Doors need to be just a bit bigger, but other than that, its sexy.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You know that everyone will scream they want it, Chevy would make it and no one would buy it...happened a number of times in the past with different vehicle from GM.

Reactions: Beacon

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, if they want $100k for it, no. That would be their own greed trying to cash in on the hype.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Well, if they want $100k for it, no. That would be their own greed trying to cash in on the hype.
You mean like Ford is doing now? LOL

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
I came close to pulling the trigger on a 2020 Z71 Custom Trail Boss back when I was waiting for news on my abandoned TB. I really like that grill in the Z71. The concept 2 door would better suit my tastes however. On that note, I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the new Bronco yet. It's really not all that bad (for a Ford). :satan:

e537293c-8689-40d6-8c63-5ef9082f442d-Antaya__bu_BroncoBrand_07102023.JPG

Reactions: Matt and northcreek

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I came close to pulling the trigger on a 2020 Z71 Custom Trail Boss back when I was waiting for news on my abandoned TB. I really like that grill in the Z71. The concept 2 door would better suit my tastes however. On that note, I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the new Bronco yet. It's really not all that bad (for a Ford). :satan:

e537293c-8689-40d6-8c63-5ef9082f442d-Antaya__bu_BroncoBrand_07102023.JPG
2.7 Ecoboost? No thanks! POS engine

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
The story is that there will be more engine options coming later. Dropping a Coyote in there would make a fun ride....

Reactions: cornchip

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm just not feelin' that look. Looks like a cross between a Jeep Renegade and a Land Rover.

Reactions: cornchip

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I'm just not feelin' that look. Looks like a cross between a Jeep Renegade and a Land Rover.
More like an FJ and Land Rover

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I give Ford credit on the Bronco. It looks decent and more importantly they're building the vehicle the way people would want to buy it. Real body on frame midsized SUV... the segment they abandoned for the abortion now known as the explorer...

GM has an excellent platform in the Colorado. So good they honestly have no idea how they did it. The biggest problem is that anything similar takes away from the Tahoe and they don't want that. That is their bread and butter vehicle because it costs no more to build than a stripper Silverado and they can mark it up to whatever they want because aside from the expedition, there really isn't anything else in its class and people will pay for it. :dunce:

Having an 18 tahoe and a 19 colorado I can very safely say the fit and finish is substantially better on the colorado even though the materials themselves aren't as nice or that you can't get everything you have in a full size. Even mom says its a better vehicle than hers. The only thing the tahoe has going for it is GM isn't afraid to offer discounts. They don't budge on the midsized ones. She got hers for not much more than I got mine. But from a model perspective, hers is optioned lower than mine even though feature wise it has way more...

In summary, GM is very much still GM.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
2.7 Ecoboost? No thanks! POS engine

I'm not big on the 2.7 either, though I'll admit it does get up and go in the F-150 I drive at work. Now if Ford offered it with a 5.0 coyote, I would buy it. My only complain is that I hate the front grill on the 4 door, the 2 door looks a bit nicer from the front. Gotta give em credit for at least offering it with a manual, I don't believe Jeep/Chrysler are offering too many Wranglers with it unless you request it from the factory.

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
I'm not big on the 2.7 either, though I'll admit it does get up and go in the F-150 I drive at work. Now if Ford offered it with a 5.0 coyote, I would buy it. My only complain is that I hate the front grill on the 4 door, the 2 door looks a bit nicer from the front. Gotta give em credit for at least offering it with a manual, I don't believe Jeep/Chrysler are offering too many Wranglers with it unless you request it from the factory.

Plenty of standards on the lot for Jeep JL or JT. When my TB was getting fixed the other week, I drove a 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited with the 6 speed for a few days. Great shifting gearbox with a light clutch. Seems that all not not well with the pressure plate/flywheel design however. Some owners has experienced over heating/fire and a clutch assembly explosion. Recall is ongoing. Thread at JL Forums.

59dfa3bc-9eeb-43d9-b961-b739bcd62b98-jpeg.291595

9e79728c-3cbf-4cb6-9b5f-b8089b9f7144-jpeg.291598

2ca6caf5-ebc0-496f-8863-90a7c3e97a48-jpeg.291599

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I haven't seen too many of them near Chicago, most of the ones I've come across at dealers were all automatics. Aside from the fully featured ones that did have a standard, but for the typical trim level they were all autos so it must be a dealer thing then?

That's a pretty crazy failure, its not exactly common on standards is it? I take it the one you drove had the 3.6? They put out some decent power!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I saw one of the new broncos in person this morning... Uhmmm... HELL NO!! It looks like they took the Ford Edge, squared it off, and stuck on a new badge. Its small, and extremely cheap looking. Think of how Jeep screwed up with Jeep Cherokee, going from the rear wheel drive/4x4, very capable, very modable platform... To the new Cherokee, which is a Chrysler PT Cruiser on a mild case of steroids. This is what Ford did to the bronco.. And its not only hideous, its a shame to a great name sake. Just like GM did to the Blazer.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I saw one of the new broncos in person this morning... Uhmmm... HELL NO!! It looks like they took the Ford Edge, squared it off, and stuck on a new badge. Its small, and extremely cheap looking. Think of how Jeep screwed up with Jeep Cherokee, going from the rear wheel drive/4x4, very capable, very modable platform... To the new Cherokee, which is a Chrysler PT Cruiser on a mild case of steroids. This is what Ford did to the bronco.. And its not only hideous, its a shame to a great name sake. Just like GM did to the Blazer.
There are two different ones, the sport sounds like the one you saw which is exactly as you describe it. Its a rebranded escape I think...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.