Thinking about going up...

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Well not right now, but in the future, the funds are all tapped out. :tongue: I want to mostly level it ( leave a little rake since I tow ) but still bring it up a little. So I would assume marks 2.5 kit would bring it up some and reduce the rake. Then for tires going up to 265 70r16's for now, you know nothing crazy. I've been searching around here and ORTB so I think I can do the work. And yes it will venture off road, its not a L.M.F.A.O. :rotfl: I want it to be a little more functional is all, so what do you guys think, any input?

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Got it. :thumbsup: Actually, I was thinking, would it be better to just do the 3 inch front lift with something in the rear or would lessen the rake further? My whole issue is that if the truck sits level, then say I hitch up the boat, that will put the rear lower then the front, and I'd imagine that would make the steering kinda squirrely...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Just do the Mark 3 inch, as cost-wise it ends up being the same by the time you get the 2.5 and the new upper mounts you'd need to get.

I have the 2.5 + 265/75/16 tires with the 1.5" spacers so you can see how it looks on my truck if you like.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
So this guy. I'd assume it would still leave a little rake, I don't know why, but for some reason mine seems to sit leveler then most do.
37_3inchcast.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Marks 3 is designs to lift more front than rear to eliminate rake. You likely want better rear springs...z71 or c25r skyjackers if you want eaje and towing ability without squat. Or air bags like roadie

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
How bad is the everyday ride with z71's? For the little I actually tow I'd rather have the oem ride. The tongue weight and everything on the trailer is great with the truck, I only sag about half an inch and its a straight receiver, no drop. From what I read, going z71 and three inch lift up front leaves it pretty much level, correct? Then you need taller shocks out back right?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I hated the z71 ride but most don't mind it at all.

Z71 is about 1.5 inches lift...The kit has 2 inch spacers.

Apply that toward your current measurements. You said you are level now so you may want z71 w spacer to give you bit o rake.

Pretty well any lift can benefit from longer shocks. Just springs or just spacers may be OK but new rear shocks are not too much $ and probably needed anyway unless you just got some.

May 5, 2013
I agree with trailz about the rear shocks. The skyjackers were really a huge improvement in ride quality. Is that because my rears were shot or the skyjackers are a better shock? Not sure but my truck actually feels much more planted and seems to really handle the road better then before the lifts. I am still running the stock rear springs though. I could see the z71 springs really roughing the ride out with no weight in the back.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Right now there's fairly new bilsteins on all four corners. The ride improvement with them was awesome in itself over the probably original shocks. But if I line up next to the envoy, minding I don't know if there is a weight difference, my front is a quarter inch higher and the rear about an inch lower. I blame that on hauling 500 lbs of salt in the rear for work one day though, so it sits reasonably level, but still has some rake. and then keeping 3-400 lbs of crap in a receiver mounted carrier. I probably caused some sag.... I just won't admit to it. I could always try the z71s then switch back if I don't like the ride. The rear springs are pretty easy to do at least they were on the escalade. And the springs themselves are cheap, relatively speaking.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86