the usual questions

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
OK I asked these on the old site and I didn't really understand there answers of they don't work, but will a cold air intake and an aftermarket exhaust do anything performance wise,

Also will a trans cooler do me any good if I'm not racing it, this is my daily driver

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
psycho91 said:
OK I asked these on the old site and I didn't really understand there answers of they don't work, but will a cold air intake and an aftermarket exhaust do anything performance wise,

Also will a trans cooler do me any good if I'm not racing it, this is my daily driver

Honestly from what I have noticed from friends with them and all and what they tell me from there experience, the intake does give the car a smoother accel and the exhuast depending on what you get will give you a different sound.

correct me if I am wrong anyone because this is what I was told at least

hitman

Jan 25, 2012
psycho91 said:

COA are touch and go by the sounds of it, i have been asking the same questions and seems there isnt much power gains from cold air intake...exhaust unsure and a trans cooler would be a great improvement if your towing...big power gains seems to be pcm for less everyone on here raves about them

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Best bang for the buck mod where you can also change the shift firmness is a PCM tune. PCMforless is a vendor here.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The biggest impact a CAI and exhaust overhaul will give you, is a change in sound. Also note, an I6 will never sound like a V8 no matter what mods are tried. :hopeless:

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
the roadie said:
Best bang for the buck mod where you can also change the shift firmness is a PCM tune. PCMforless is a vendor here.

What Shift firmness did you go with Roadie?:biggrin:

I am thinking 2......

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
The biggest impact a CAI and exhaust overhaul will give you, is a change in sound. Also note, an I6 will never sound like a V8 no matter what mods are tried. :hopeless:

You can get pretty close though

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
03envoy said:

I am thinking 2......
I went with 3 and it still isn't firm enough. Corvette servo and an 0.049 boost valve are the way to go

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yup... an exhaust (even for us SS folks) doesnt do anything but add noise...CAI, pretty much the same... sure it helps breathe a little better.. but worthless IMO... like the Roadie and many others have raved about (including myself since i have one on the SS), the Tune will net you the best "bang for your buck" performance improvement..

and a tranny cooler can only help weather youre racing, towing, or just a DD... a cooler tranny, is a happy tranny..

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
silvernclean said:
OR.....the v8 will never sound like an i-6.

:no: DAMN!

Anyway I think yo get the trend here...TUNE IT! :thumbsup:

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
I figured it would be for agitation and giggles, the tune was the first on my list, what about gutting the air box and adding a high flow filter

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
03envoy said:
The firmest. I was very upset when I looked into the shift tables using EFILive, compared the Envoy to the Trailblazer stock tunes, and discovered GM had added an EXTRA 0.25 seconds to the Envoy's shift delay, I think from 1-2. After we all assumed the two brands were otherwise identical, I found GM made *my* OEM shift performance even mushier than the sister vehicle. Damn them.

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
What are y'all doing with the vet servo and boost valve, the boost valve leads me to believe you are running a turbo

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online