The old p0172/175

Hamon5holdthemayo

Original poster
Nov 13, 2021
USA
2007 5.3 silverado 1/2- 2wd , 60k miles, a/f clean , maf(4.5 gps idle),map (9" idle). Throttle not "coked". No drive ability issues.Trims balance to over/under 0% during light/heavy throttle driving, go -19 lt and -4 st when off throttle or idling . Don't have scanner will read Ethanol %. Question is are tech 2s safe again? Or....

Hamon5holdthemayo

Original poster
Nov 13, 2021
USA
2007 5.3 silverado 1/2- 2wd , 60k miles, a/f clean , maf(4.5 gps idle),map (9" idle). Throttle not "coked". No drive ability issues.Trims balance to over/under 0% during light/heavy throttle driving, go -19 lt and -4 st when off throttle or idling . Don't have scanner will read Ethanol %. Question is are tech 2s safe again? Or....
New to the forums deal so excuse my unawares of proper decorum.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just moved the thread to the full size section.

When were Tech 2's ever unsafe? I've been using a clone, as well as others here, never an issue.

You could try cleaning the MAF. Make sure there aren't any vacuum leaks allowing unmetered air in. What are the O2 sensor readings like? Voltage fluctuating as it should?

Hamon5holdthemayo

Original poster
Nov 13, 2021
USA
Just moved the thread to the full size section.

When were Tech 2's ever unsafe? I've been using a clone, as well as others here, never an issue.

You could try cleaning the MAF. Make sure there aren't any vacuum leaks allowing unmetered air in. What are the O2 sensor readings like? Voltage fluctuating as it should?
Cleaned MAF with proper cleaner previously, scanner i have shows o2s switching on both banks (2-9 switching both banks /rears both steady 750 area). No vacuum leaks i can find just using brake clean,...What I meant on tech2s , was customs seizing them. Recently read article an American man got year in prison for selling clones here in the states. Granted he was selling lots and they were branded.. Also to add , these codes cropped up once about 6 months ago, then all I did was unhook battery for 20 minutes, touch cables together(unhooked of course). Then drove truck probably 15 miles varied speeds. No light for that length of time.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Watched a recent video on this and he fixed it by replacing the MAF but you'd have to first confirm it is giving false readings. He doesn't explain what are normal readings though but he says they looked high in his instance.

You should be able to get by with an ELM327 with Torque for readings and disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes to reset the trims.

Hamon5holdthemayo

Original poster
Nov 13, 2021
USA
Watched a recent video on this and he fixed it by replacing the MAF but you'd have to first confirm it is giving false readings. He doesn't explain what are normal readings though but he says they looked high in his instance.

You should be able to get by with an ELM327 with Torque for readings and disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes to reset the trims.
Looks like I'm in range for MAF 4.2-6 warmed up idle. I'll look into getting that ELM327 , your suggesting the small Bluetooth one? And installing torque (pro or lite?) On my android phone?.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Torque Pro would have all those PIDs. @TJBaker57 is our SME on them.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I'll look into getting that ELM327 , your suggesting the small Bluetooth one? And installing torque (pro or lite?) On my android phone?.
IMG_20211114_171913.jpg

Have a look at your OBD2 port. How many terminals are populated?? And which ones? Does it look like this where only these 4 sockets have terminals in them? If so then our engines & PCMs might be similar. I have an 05 Yukon with a 5.3 LM7.

This is the Bluetooth OBD2 adapter I use...

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrsm

Hamon5holdthemayo

Original poster
Nov 13, 2021
USA
View attachment 102217

Have a look at your OBD2 port. How many terminals are populated?? And which ones? Does it look like this where only these 4 sockets have terminals in them? If so then our engines & PCMs might be similar. I have an 05 Yukon with a 5.3 LM7.

This is the Bluetooth OBD2 adapter I use...

Yeah the data port is same as yours, I went ahead and ordered a elm327, ill chime back in when I dig back into it in a couple days , , thanks guys.

Reactions: TJBaker57

Hamon5holdthemayo

Original poster
Nov 13, 2021
USA
Ok got the obdator elm327 , and installed torque pro on my android. Next question is no ethanol in the custom PIDS. Do you have one for the 2007 5.3? Or im maybe missing the setting somewhere? Did find a PID 220052 , (A/255)*100. Online while looking around.

Hamon5holdthemayo

Original poster
Nov 13, 2021
USA
Ok got the obdator elm327 , and installed torque pro on my android. Next question is no ethanol in the custom PIDS. Do you have one for the 2007 5.3? Or im maybe missing the setting somewhere? Did find a PID 220052 , (A/255)*100. Online while looking around.
Did find ethanol but its flatline.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online