The "new" diehard batteries...

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
So I ended up with one of these guys the other night.. actually last night and just thought I would give my take on it. First the vette goes through batteries every two years on the nose. Battery tender or not. Expensive AGM or cheap Walmart unit. Without fail they all last equally as long.

The most recent battery (installed 9/1/18) rests at 9 volts on float on the battery tender... aka junk. It was an autocraft gold, 3 year Yada Yada. Get in and they swap me for the new diehard 3 year they're touting as they no longer use the autocraft name.

Long story short you can very clearly tell where they peeled off the autocraft stickers and replaced them with diehard ones to the point where you could still see the old residue. And my battery had a march build date... way before the switch.

I doubt the quality is any better and the last few diehards I had were crap anyway. The older ones from the early to mid 00s were solid. The one in the skidsteer finally died this spring and it was an 08.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I haven't bought a Diehard since Sears Canada got out of automotive in the late 90's.

Reactions: littleblazer

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Almost like they don't know what they're selling? Surely not lol.

Fun fact, interstate batteries had the contract to be advance's new battery and something fell though, in comes diehard.

We used to stock interstates at work, one day the rep shows up in the biggest newest transit van Ford makes talking about how he's had to buy two new route trucks and build a new warehouse to increase his stock and told us of the new client. Very shortly after that we switched to exide..and interstate never showed up in advance. No idea how the guy turned out in that upside down situation.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Almost like they don't know what they're selling? Surely not lol.

Fun fact, interstate batteries had the contract to be advance's new battery and something fell though, in comes diehard.

We used to stock interstates at work, one day the rep shows up in the biggest newest transit van Ford makes talking about how he's had to buy two new route trucks and build a new warehouse to increase his stock and told us of the new client. Very shortly after that we switched to exide..and interstate never showed up in advance. No idea how the guy turned out in that upside down situation.
Its all the same crap. :tiphat:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I just settled on AZ batteries because like you guys have said they're basically all crap. At least with AZ they honor their warrantees and if it craps out on the road there is usually an AZ store nearby....:twocents:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online