"The Mechanical Universe" Complete 52 Part Series on Physics/Mechanicsfrom 1980s

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If you enjoy the process of “Thinking” in the abstract… Mechanically… just for the pure pleasure of being able to do so… and indeed, if you value learning as much as you can to feed the Machinery of Your Mind… THIS 52 Part Series College Course on Physics as offered from Cal-Tech back in the 1980s will very much appeal to you. For the sake of your privacy, I would suggest that in lieu of just accessing this link via any ordinary Browser such as Firefox or Windows Explorer … instead, use these alternative methods:

Unless you currently user a VPN (Virtual Private Network) such as NordVPN, etc., your privacy will be better served by first downloading and installing TOR (The Onion Ring) Browser that uses the anonymity offered via the DuckDuckGo.com Search Engine… NOT GOOGLE!… and then employ an application like Deluge for downloading the Torrent Alpha-Numeric listing for this 52 part video series link.

The TOR Project Download Page:

https://www.torproject.org/

The Deluge Download Page:

https://www.deluge-torrent.org/

You will not be disappointed when you can open and watch this hard to find, high end college series on Physics from the original VHS videos and classroom instructions offered and supported by The Annenberg/CPB Media/Foundation on Public Television called:

The Mechanical Universe”

30C974E6070031F841239A04E454870E3D0310E3

For other Documentaries and such via your TOR Browser:

https://1337x.to/

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
After viewing more than a dozen of the sequential studies videos available in this set... I found quite a few that were either fragmented or simply stopped abruptly in mid-play. Fortunately, you can see and download these same videos off of Youtube at the below link to either augment the Full Set available in Post #1... or to get a fresh, better quality and resolution batch... albeit with the added tedium of having to load each of them one at a time in order to use a Firefox Extensions or Add-On such as "videodownloader" to snag and save each one of these.

This is Important and worth mentioning...

Even if you have no interest in the Advanced Mathematics of Integral or Differential Calculus necessary to ultimately pass the Weekly Quiz and Examinations the students in these classes had to master in order to graduate with a Degree in Physics from The California Institute of Technology... please do not let those blackboard segments dissuade you from looking at each and every one.

I mention this because... like Albert Einstein... We both hated the way Mathematics was taught all through our school years... He transcended his problem with a superb Genius for Physics that finally had to rely upon and use the Tools of The Mathematician to explain his Proofs... while I on the other hand... drowned in my bewilderment and was left back in humiliation during my Fifth Year of Grade School. Nothing is worse than KNOWING that you are not stupid... and yet... being unable to perform in a measurable way that proves this to be true.

This upset did not quench my thirst to want to know more... about absolutely everything... even about the Mathematics that I have never been able to completely grasp and understand. But even with that dreadful analytic impediment... I was still able to translate my other intellectual skills into having very successful and rewarding careers during my long life.

So take your inspiration from my circumstances that there is still a great deal of knowledge to be gotten here; anecdotal and otherwise to be found in this series... and this is the information that will improve your understanding of what lies at the heart of how marvelous mechanical things operate and the Forces of Nature that really drive them...and in the end... prove to yourself that indeed... we live and exist inside the Most Wonderful Mechanical Thing EVER... The very Universe itself!

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.