The James Webb Space Telescope is about to Launch 12/25/2021

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
In between filling up on Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cocoa (or Coffee) later this morning while everyone tears into their Christmas Goodies... keep an ear out for the launch of the Most Expensive Piece of Space Gear EVER to leave the Earth with a $10,000,000,000.00 Price Tag on its Fenders... It is The James Webb Infra-Red Space Telescope. If it successfully launches under the control of the French from the ESA... French Guyana will NEVER be the same.

The Canadian Space Agency Folks and NASA people are hoping for Good Weather and Launch Conditions as the Arianne 5 Rocket is to power this object out to around One Million Miles away... right behind the shadow between the Earth and the Sun...and park at what is called a "The L2 La Grange Point". Once there, it will essentially do Station Keeping action while peering back in time; almost to the period of the Big Bang itself. Here's Hoping that all 300 "Origami" like Unfolding Steps come off without a Hitch!:

THIS is an Excellent Video on the JWST:

...and ... Thank You, Canada!!!

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Well… THEY HAVE DONE IT!!!

But now… We have to wait an additional 29 Days with an excruciating strain on our patience as the JWST arrives 1.5 Million Kilometers (1 Million Miles) away and in the shadow of the Earth to FINALLY “Unwrap The Christmas Present".

The JWST will need time and must follow on with a correct series of events to happen sequentially while preparing itself to simply dazzle and amaze us with what it will be able to see.

Trust me when I say that I’ve scoured YouTube for The Best of the available JWST Videos, with an emphasis here on explaining not only how this incredible Space & Time Machine works, but what we should expect it to actually DO. These Two Videos more than fit the bill:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
For anyone interested in what is happening IN REAL TIME for the JWST over the full 29 Days from Launch on December 25th, 2021 until its arrival as it almost coasts to a stop like a Bus running out of Gas in a Parking Lot and begins its 5-10 Years of Station Keeping… these LIVE Updates from two YouTube Channels will prove very satisfying.

So Far… So Good ... On December 31st, 2021, the JWST was cruising ahead at around the Top Speed of an F-15 Superiority Fighter Jet @ 1,500 MPH after reaching just over 450,000 Miles from the Earth... and is now down counting those miles and speed from this Half Way Point forward:

I think it would be So Cool if the JWST was Rocking with the ZZ Top Tune "La Grange" all the way to La Grange Point 2... :>)

RIP Dusty...

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online