The Holden Ute Should've Been Sold in North America

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

I don't know about the US, which is why it was converted to left hand drive, but in Canada, we can drive right hand drive cars here, albeit insurance is a :hissyfit:. At least the Km/h is not a problem here.

Unfortunately, he's a bit behind in the news as Holden has shut down recently.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Yes it should have....but you can buy them here. There's a shop called Left Hand Utes that gets them in and converts them.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
But now would have to be used Ute's since Holden's plant in Oz is shut down. I would imagine just transporting one of them over would be expensive. Import tax wise, it is also expensive since neither the US or Canada have any trade deals with Australia. That's one of the things that made the Caprice expensive.

And with the plant closed down, come Holden specific parts will become hard to come by.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
They're all used from LHU. Maloo's are going for over $70K.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY

I don't know about the US, which is why it was converted to left hand drive, but in Canada, we can drive right hand drive cars here, albeit insurance is a :hissyfit:. At least the Km/h is not a problem here.
The mail carriers here drive RHD trucks, so I guess it's not a problem :thumbsup:
I might want a Chevy SSR instead, pretty much the same deal and the top goes down.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
But no 6.0L!

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
6.2 in the HSV's.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs