The GM "I-6"...1939 Style

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
From 3:22 minutes forward...this video shows a Chevrolet I6 in multiple cutaways that describe the intimate mechanical and cooling features which still have value in supporting our understanding of its working principles 76 years later. Actually... its really too bad this carburettor fed OHV Cast Iron Six Cylinder Engine is not still available as a ready "drop-in" for those of us troubled with having disabled GMT vehicles due to very complicated and expensive GM Atlas LL8 I6 Engines in need of repair:

PS

Note that the jobs available back then included Public Works, Bridges, Rail Roads, Dam Construction and other National Infra-structure Projects that are now breaking down in America from Coast to Coast. It is time to begin Re-Building in this same way once again...

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Here is another Instructional Video on How the Gears of The Basic Manual Transmission Work (Great Information on the Basic Concepts of Leverage):

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Thanks, I love that era of simplicity when almost everything could be explained in a way that made sense.....try that explaining how an iPhone works....:dunce:

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.