The Garbage Truck

GarbageTruck

Original poster
Feb 16, 2019
CT, USA
Consider this my intro. 8752287524875258752687523 I've had my 04 trailblazer for 4 years, my father owned it since '05 before me. It was old and used up, chassis rusty, tranny lines and power steering lines rusted, needed a new front end and brakes, complete exhaust system, fan clutch shot, etc. Not worth the time not the money to repair.

BUT....

I saved it, while saving my old 1968 International 1200C also. This rusty pig was the most rotten truck I've ever owned, by far. Ran fine but needed lots of work, but at 10mpg I couldn't commute with it so it would have just been a toy. I combined the two, and after 10 months of this project I just got the truck on the road last week. I call it the Garbage Truck, because it was built out of two trucks that no one else ever would have saved.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Damn, awesome work! And welcome to the club! 👍

GarbageTruck

Original poster
Feb 16, 2019
CT, USA
Here's a question for you 4200 gurus. I was tracking the MPG on the first trip last week. I was using an ELM327 obd2 scanner, blue toothed to my phone. Driving back roads like a grandma because I was unsure of the newly built truck, the mileage gradually climbed to 39mpg over a 30 mile trip. I assume it's wrong, I never broke 20 with the trailblazer, but this truck weighs a lot less than stock, and with the hyper miler driving style I'm sure I was doing somewhere north of 20mpg.....any ideas? Bone stock drivetrain, only modification was to turn off VATS with hptuners.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Here's a question for you 4200 gurus. I was tracking the MPG on the first trip last week. I was using an ELM327 obd2 scanner, blue toothed to my phone. Driving back roads like a grandma because I was unsure of the newly built truck, the mileage gradually climbed to 39mpg over a 30 mile trip. I assume it's wrong, I never broke 20 with the trailblazer, but this truck weighs a lot less than stock, and with the hyper miler driving style I'm sure I was doing somewhere north of 20mpg.....any ideas? Bone stock drivetrain, only modification was to turn off VATS with hptuners.
Is it speed density or the later one with a maf. Depending on that you might have to tweak the vehicle profile to get the mpg read out correct. (This is assuming torque) I could never get torque to match my mpgs. And when I did get in town right, highway was seriously off.

Reactions: GarbageTruck

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome and nifty project

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member