The Devil made me do it...

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I know it's heresy here but, if anyone is interested, this is what I traded my beloved Denali for. I had to have a Hemi before I die (not the butt type).
Hey my wife's DD is a Nox.
100_4480.JPG

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Looks like a nice ride. At least it's not a F... I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

And we'll be here when you come back :biggrin:

Reactions: northcreek

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
You can check out anytime you like. But you can't ever leave.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Partial to maroon / saddle, eh? LOL

Congrats - GCs are nice whips. While I hope it provides a lifetime of good service...if it doesn't, you know we're gonna bust your...er...balloons about it... :nono:

I have to ask... 'butt hemi' ? (maybe it's my middle age showing...I did google it!)

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
HEMI + (...Rhymes with 'DROID'...)

Reactions: Reprise

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Tell us all about the fuel mileage :smile:
My Denali was getting 16.2 combined, the Hemi is getting 15.9 combined which seems acceptable considering I'm now at 360 hp, 5,000 lbs. and 8-spd. trans.
HEMI + (...Rhymes with 'DROID'...)
?? now I'm showing my age.
Partial to maroon / saddle, eh? LOL

Congrats - GCs are nice whips. While I hope it provides a lifetime of good service...if it doesn't, you know we're gonna bust your...er...balloons about it... :nono:

I have to ask... 'butt hemi' ? (maybe it's my middle age showing...I did google it!)
LOL...That color ironically ended up making this look like I was trying to replicate my Denali, I actually almost bought a white one but, this was newer and had more stuff so the color wasn't my first choice but, the saddle was.:smile:

Last edited:

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
comparison in cargo space, length, etc to your old Denali?
Very similar dimensions which is why I went this way. (Denali length 191" Jeep 190") (Denali wb 113" Jeep 114.8) ( Denali weight 4500# Jeep 5000#).
The cargo space( 36.3sqf) seems noticeably larger(deeper) for some reason and I haven't figured out why, maybe the A pillar is more forward on the body or maybe I have that perception because my dog looks smaller back there lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: fletch09

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Very similar dimensions which is why I went this way. (Denali length 191" Jeep 190") (Denali wb 113" Jeep 114.8) ( Denali weight 4500# Jeep 5000#).
The cargo space( 36.3sqf) seems noticeably larger(deeper) for some reason and I haven't figured out why, maybe the A pillar is more forward on the body or maybe I have that perception because my dog looks smaller back there lol.
That 4500lb weight on the Denali surprises me a bit actually. My truck is about 4800 with me in it and low gas. But that seems to be on the high end of the spectrum no matter what. 5.3 was heavier too. Idk if its impressive or sad that almost 20 years have passed since the platform was introduced and economy is still hanging with the new stuff. Actually the new tahoe gets around 15 combined the way I drive. Last highway trip I got 25 mpg in the thing. Really can't beat the new stuff lol. Especially considering the Tahoe has to weigh north of 6k.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Yeah, I was ball parking the 4500 lbs because I couldn't remember the weight. Your number seems right.

Reactions: littleblazer

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Lightweights.... My truck is 6000 with me in it, low on gas.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Well mine is entirely stock so... work truck is 8200 dry.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Reactions: northcreek and Matt

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
*steps on scale* my weight may be a little on the light side now... :tongue:

Reactions: northcreek

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members