That 2013 Trailblazer?

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I'm wondering what ever happened with that colorado based Trailblazer? Not that little car they came out with recently. I know you used to be able to go on the Holden website or some asian Chevy websites and check it out. I was waiting and I'm sure many other's were too, for them to release that truck here in North America but alas, it never was. Is it still made/sold in some markets? Or has it too been discontinued?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: vipergg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
It's no longer sold in Australia...Holden no longer exists as a car selling company.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I always forget the colorado was a global truck that got brought here... Its a solid platform imo but GM doesn't want to hurt fullsize sales and the equinox... A body on frame midsize would like... I don't know... make too much sense or something.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I don't buy that "we can't make a new model, it will canablize sales of our other models" thing people always throw around. It makes no sense on multiple levels. And not just for GM, people use it for all companies. They used to say it about Apple all the time.
By that logic, GM would make just ONE vehicle and it's sales would be super high because it would be the only vehicle they made. Or from the other direction, they have what 5 different almost identical car based SUVs right now? But one truck based one wouldn't fit in the lineup? There is no logic in that explanation.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And there's the reason why I don't buy Apple products, as well as their asinine pricing.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I don't buy that "we can't make a new model, it will canablize sales of our other models" thing people always throw around. It makes no sense on multiple levels. And not just for GM, people use it for all companies. They used to say it about Apple all the time.
By that logic, GM would make just ONE vehicle and it's sales would be super high because it would be the only vehicle they made. Or from the other direction, they have what 5 different almost identical car based SUVs right now? But one truck based one wouldn't fit in the lineup? There is no logic in that explanation.
I don't disagree. But it was nerfed for a reason.

Probably a similar reason why I can't get memory seats in a mid size truck or dual zone climate control even though vehicles that cost less and are smaller have it that are in significantly more competitive market segments... they're kind of all wacked out over there.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
It might be the same thinking that caused GM to need a government bail out. Which is, " We don't need to listen to our customers, we know what kind of vehicles they need".
As much as I hate to say it, Ford came back with a better Broncos than GM did with the Blazer and even worse Trailblazer.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
It might be the same thinking that caused GM to need a government bail out. Which is, " We don't need to listen to our customers, we know what kind of vehicles they need".
As much as I hate to say it, Ford came back with a better Broncos than GM did with the Blazer and even worse Trailblazer.
There was a long time between the bailouts an the 'new' blazer, and in that time GM did some good things, like came out with the 5th gen Camaro that was a great car. It seems like every few years, GM gets on the right track, then every few years after that, they get a little crazy again.

Reactions: Mooseman

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
There was a long time between the bailouts an the 'new' blazer, and in that time GM did some good things, like came out with the 5th gen Camaro that was a great car. It seems like every few years, GM gets on the right track, then every few years after that, they get a little crazy again.

You want crazy. Just look at the efforts GM goes through to develop new models for Cadillac. Imagine if the same energy's were used to develop vehicles that would actually sell.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That is so true. Look at when they killed the 4th gen Camaro with none for 8 years. Instead of coming out with a new design, they just killed it along with mothballing an entire new plant. Did Ford ever do that with the Mustang? Nope.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
There was a long time between the bailouts an the 'new' blazer, and in that time GM did some good things, like came out with the 5th gen Camaro that was a great car.
I could agree with you totally if GM had not killed Pontiac and kept Buick who has not done anything exciting since the GNX.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.....:twocents:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Oh, you mean the GM that replaced the 800 series trucks with the 900 series ones and it was a downgrade for the most part... :redface:

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
GM lost out when they did not bring out a new gen Trailblazer but instead came out with the garbage that is the Traverse . At the height of the Trailblazer popularity they were selling close to 250000 a year . It was a great platform and a nice driving vehicle with very good sitelines . Did it have its issues , sure . You wonder what the engineers were thinking on some of the build decisions . But the engine I6 (love that engine) and tranny at least once they got the tranny fixed were bulletproof . Imagine an updated I6 behind a good 8 or 9 speed auto . Still have my 08 Ascender and it has 160000 miles and runs like new and doesnt burn a drop of oil . Still running original alternator , coils etc ... Havent had to even do ball joints yet and I live where they salt heavily . I would have been first in line to get a REAL replacement Trailblazer . I had high hopes for that Colorado based replacement but it was not to be . GM lost my business and I got a 2020 Dodge Durango which is a really nice vehicle and the V6 mated to the ZF based 8 speed is one of the nices powertrains I have run and does this getting 28 mpg highway . That engine will go like heck if you put it in sport mode too . So far so good with it 21000 miles . I think GM is heading towards the dustbin of carmakers on their current direction .

Last edited:

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
Yeah who can tell the difference beween a Trax , Blazer , Trailblazer , Equinox, Traverse other than slight size differences .Sheesh they even used the same looking front end which is ugly .

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
uPgvGmSM55rDhV1WdC0s06RaQ51ZgTRBBXviET4RpIs.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You could probably do the same within GM while keeping the same image sizes. That's the problem. No imagination to come out with something different. I've got trouble telling the Equinox and Traverse apart until I get close enough.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Friend actually just got the hell cat Durango and its pretty cool. Replaced a 392 one she had. Not my cup of tea but I respect it. (I think it looks too close to a caravan much like the traverse a minivan...) The drive line is good. Seems pretty much any new v8 makes... We'll go with interesting noises after a few thousand miles. Be it the l83 in moms Tahoe, either of those Durangos or the Ford my other friend has. They all have solid use on them by now so I guess you can ignore the knocking/valve clatter/ticking noises they all make cold by hitting the remote starts and staying away for a while lol. Hell... the work truck cold starting with no oil pressure for 20 seconds sounds better than the 6.2 does with oil pressure on a warm day. :redface:

Don't matter. I'll live in an ev world in my life time. It'll be fine. Maybe.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
My 5.3 Trailblazer sounds awfully when its gold. But once it warms up, it's a beast. Especially with a stock muffler but the resonator removed. It's a very subtle yet aggressive sound. I really like it. I'm going to miss it.

Reactions: Matt

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Up until the tahoe I never had anything with dod. So nothing made noises. I mean the work truck yes but I've just been too lazy to do the oil pump pickup oring. With 300k it's allowed to make noises too. The 6.2 has horrendous piston slap. The 6.6 in the new Truck is quiet as well. The injectors tick but that's normal

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Here let me beat this dead horse....

I don't know what's worse, the fact that Chevy won't make the kind of SUV people actually want (they're selling over 200,000 grand cherokees per year)...

Or the fact that they DO make this truck, they just won't sell it to us.

Here's a snap of the 2nd Gen Trailblazer from Argentina and the American Colorado. That SUV with the styling (and wheels) of that pickup would make one pretty slick SUV. Throw in the 2.0T as the base engine and the 2.7T as the better engine and sign me the F up.

The colorado looks particularly stunning in it's dark red color but apparently chevy thought it would be cool to drop all colors for 2022 except white, black, grey and a bright blue.

I've repeatedly taken close looks at the traverse and acadia. And every time I do, I walk away disgusted. If they sold this 2nd gen TB here, I'd probably already own one.

Attachments

• tb-colorado.jpg
    tb-colorado.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: northcreek

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I don't know what's worse, the fact that Chevy won't make the kind of SUV people actually want (they're selling over 200,000 grand cherokees per year)...
That's exactly why the picture to the left looks as it does....

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
I could agree with you totally if GM had not killed Pontiac and kept Buick who has not done anything exciting since the GNX.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.....:twocents:
Love the GNs and the GNXs Closest I had was an 83' T Type

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
At the end of the day, they're going to build and sell what the majority wants. Which, at this time, is not what the very small minority wants. It's all about MPG's and build price these days.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yep, it's all about profit.

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
GM is going down a rathole with all the EV garbage. They made such rep for themselves with some shady quality control with ICE vehicles few people will probably buy an EV from them specially now with the Bolt issues .

Last edited:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Here let me beat this dead horse....

Or the fact that they DO make this truck, they just won't sell it to us.

Here's a snap of the 2nd Gen Trailblazer from Argentina and the American Colorado. That SUV with the styling (and wheels) of that pickup would make one pretty slick SUV. Throw in the 2.0T as the base engine and the 2.7T as the better engine and sign me the F up.

The colorado looks particularly stunning in it's dark red color but apparently chevy thought it would be cool to drop all colors for 2022 except white, black, grey and a bright blue.

I've repeatedly taken close looks at the traverse and acadia. And every time I do, I walk away disgusted. If they sold this 2nd gen TB here, I'd probably already own one.
They only recently pulled all the colors. I believe it is in anticipation for the new model/all the logistical crap everyone's dealing with. You can't get them with heated seats either.

Also, they look great in blue. :tongue:
20210810_115853.jpg

Reactions: xavierny25

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
At the end of the day, they're going to build and sell what the majority wants.

That sounds logical, but I have trouble squaring that idea with the sales numbers of other brands. Jeep makes plenty of garbage crossover SUVs, but their two capable SUVs. They're selling WAY more Grand Cherokees than Traverse'ses's and even the old Trailblazer was selling much better during it's life than the Traverse. It really does not seem like they are making what people want. It seems like they are making what they want to make.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online