Thank you Gmtnation!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
I'm just taking the time to give a big thank you to gmtnation for the information and help provided here!

This site has been so helpful and has saved me big bucks and helped prevent disasters! As some know I live in saudi Arabia and not all mechanics are that smart lol!

For example when I changed my differential oil they would only change the rear and I'd explain to them that there's a front differential and show them where it's done And what oil to use.

On another occasion I went to change my transfer case fluid. The guy headed down and literally was gonna change the transmission oil! Not that he's stupid but he thought the oil was for that and when stopped him looked some more then headed for for front differential to change the oil with the auto trak II! Thankfully I'm on this site just imagine if he had done that and I wouldn't have had a clue and then when something breaks i wouldn't know why. I showed the mechanics here videos from the ones on the site to show them what I need on different occasions because of the terminology and language.

I haven't yet been able to do all myself because don't have all the tools yet or space! So limited to what can and cannot do for now!

This is also my first time to own a 4x4 car and all this is new to me which is why i tend to work with the mechanic on getting things done. He has the tools and I have the knowledge needed and we work together. They would find it annoying actually cuz I'm always under the car with them.

I've heard so many stories about ppl here that disconnect the 4x4 because it causes so many problems. If only they knew the basics to the preventive maintenance needed to keep the car going.

I'm sure there are more reliable mechanics around but its hard finding a reliable one that understands the difference between sedans and 4x4's
Thank you thank you thank you! It's ok if you wanna grab a tissue :tongue:

If you had similar experiences feel free to share them here :smile:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My truck is what it is due to many members on this site. Half of it was prototype at one point. Really glad I found the members here and when I came up with a crazy idea, they still helped it become reality.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Great post... as Kyle said, my truck is where it is today due to the members I've met and ideas I've read on the forums... haven't had so many "troubleshooting" issues, but the few I did, guess where I found out how to fix them and/or tell the dealership mechanic how to fix the issues :yes:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Well stated!!!

I as well can blame the members of this site for all of the money I have spent on my truck. Hell, most of those "prototype" parts that Kyle talks about have ended up on my truck after he upgraded! :thumbsup:

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
No doubt the site members have saved me big $ in maintenance costs.

And, undeniably a factor in my determining my lift height, and tire size, it was the threads that help me decide based on my use, needs, funds, and that extreme often requires expensive mods, repairs, and more fuel. Not what my daily driver needed. (still thinking on the res delete)

Thank you all.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
No doubt this group has helped me decide a lot of the mods that I have done and still want to do. This includes the guys also on ORTB. Funding makes things tight but this is one hell of a group.

jbones said:
(still thinking on the res delete)

Chief, you know you want to. :thumbsup:

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
djthumper said:
No doubt this group has helped me decide a lot of the mods that I have done and still want to do. This includes the guys also on ORTB. Funding makes things tight but this is one hell of a group.

Chief, you know you want to. :thumbsup:

I suppose your right!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I can also safely say that I've learned a ton of information from the members on this site over the last couple of years. I think it's also accurate to say most, if not all, of the money I've saved in repairs or maintenance, has been spent on... :undecided: umm... :redface: well... other things on my truck. :crazy: :biggrin:

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
I will toss my :twocents: in. as a first time GMT owner I was curious on some of the specs, info on lots of upgradable parts, what i can and can not do and gmtn has answered all of those questions. without the knowledge i have gained here, i am sure i would have wasted money on shocks/struts, possibly with tires and all that too. i have been wrenching on all of my vehicles since i have been driving including all of my motorcycles and off road toys so i know pretty much what a lot of things are and how to fix/troubleshoot them. i also found that every different platform you go to has a bunch of different bag of issues, trouble areas and so forth. i feel confident that i can proceed with a lot of the maintenance and troubleshooting with what i have gained from all of you knowledgeable folks and know that if i ever run into an issue that a. i can look it up and figure it out on here, or b. i can post the issue and it will be resolved. thanks again to everyone that has posted helpful information. last but not least, thanks to everyone that likes to BS and make things enjoyable as well :thumbsup:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
The Community cant say enough about it. Amazing members amazing ideas and down right genius's. I could write for days but im going to keep this to the point. This about explains the quality of the site.

Attachments

• hhhh copy.jpg
    hhhh copy.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 4

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Thanks guys for sharing your experiences ! Awesome! Blkshdw we all know your money went on LEDs :tongue: jbones you should be ashamed for still having the resonator haha!

Yes the guys here are responsible for all the money I spent on my ride but feels better to spend them on mods rather than maintenance!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online