Texas Hurricane

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Don't know if we have any members on the Texas coast but hope things don't get too hairy for you guys down there. Heed the warnings and either get out or be prepared for the worst to ride it out.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
(on edit: If you haven't filled up your tanks today, do it before tomorrow morning - 1/3 of the country's refining capacity is going off-line)

Probably too late to leave at this point, sad to say. It's now a Cat 4 (!) - and predicted to meander around the coast for a week & dump over 35" (!) of rain over SE Texas. It'll probably be weeks without power / water for that area, and many homes will be totally destroyed (probably meaning months in FEMA trailers, like with Katrina).

One 'good' thing, if you will - there'll be a home building boom in that area as a result.

Oh, and lots of water-damaged cars flooding the used car markets afterward (pun intended).

Many lives will probably be lost; hopefully, most heeded the evacuation warnings, although I'm hearing a lot of Texans were saying this was 'overblown' and wouldn't be as big as it's being made out to be - so they stayed put. 'Fake News' rears its ugly head again, if you will.

It may look 'overblown' right now...but when 36+ inches of water (rain - not even counting storm surge) arrives, it's not going anywhere, fast. There are going to be a LOT of people impacted - from Houston, all the way inland to Austin (I have some friends out there; they're OK right now.)

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm sure that's what all those people thought when Katrina came to New Orleans, and we all know how that went. Let's hope it's not repeated.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online