Test results for Megs 205 vs Menzerna Power Finish (LC CCS pads vs LC flats)

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
So as some of you know I was attempting to do some testing of Megs 205 vs. Menz Pf. I was also testing the difference between the LC flat pads vs. the LC CCS pads. I was going to do some testing of poli seal vs. XMT 360, but was short or time due to a late start. Sorry for the AIO guys, I will still do something about this later. I was also supposed to be doing a 99 black Crown Vic, but that car fell thru and got my hands on this “GEM”. It’s a 95 Ford. I suck guys! I can't seem to get these pics to stay in order??
Equipment/Product Used:
Meguiars Shampoo Plus Car Wash
Meguiars Clay (blue)
Meguiars Quick Detailer
Meguiars ACP and APC+
Meguiars 205 polish
Meguiars Glass Cleaner
Menzerna Power Finish
Lake Country CCS pads orange/Flat pads orange and Yellow 5.5”
Flex 3401
Tornador Black (APC+ 10:1)
Bissell Little Green Machine
Observations:
Most know that I’m a big fan of menzerna, but after using the megs 205 I now know what the fuss is about! To start as you can see in my “temp” pic that the humidity was above 60% which I already knew it was going to be a bad day for menzerna. I remember reading that the megs didn’t care what the weather was. Well it truly didn’t!
Now I’m not saying that I’m converting to meguiars, but I will say that it has just earned a spot in my front line. This is truly a case where the two polishes have their places and I feel every detailer should own both. The thing I liked the most about the megs vs. the menz is the working time. I think I could clock the working time with a calendar! I know with the humidity that the menz would dry up quickly… and it did.
With regards to the cut, I feel that menzerna is the better, but it’s still close. If the weather wasn’t so humid out I would have finished the car with the PF on a yellow flat pad. Since the weather was a factor I ended up using the megs on a yellow flat and for what it is I’m happy with the results.
With regards to the finish I don’t who wins here? I like how easy the megs was to wipe off, but again I feel the weather was a factor for the menzerna.
Quick note on the pads… I did like how the flats didn’t “load up” with product as fast as the CCS pads do. I think from this point on I will be moving toward the flats from here on out.
Final thoughts:
Like I already stated, I feel both these have their places in detailing. If I get a car and the paint is in good condition I’ll be reaching for the Megs 205 all day, but if it looks like it needs a little more TLC I’ll be reaching for the Menzerna. Here are the pics:You might have to go to the bottom and work your way back to see teh before and after pics in order... Not sure why they loaded funky?
FRONTSIDEA.jpg

FRONTSIDEB.jpg

DSREARA.jpg

DSREARB.jpg

DOORA.jpg

DOORB.jpg

Temp-1.jpg

MENZPFCCSA1.jpg

MENZPFCCSA.jpg

MENZPFCCSB.jpg

MEGSMENZBA1.jpg

MEGSMENZBA.jpg

MEGS205SIDEA.jpg

MEGS205SIDEB.jpg

MEGS205FLATAA2.jpg

MEGS205FLATAA1.jpg

MEGS205FLATA2.jpg

MEGS205FLATA1.jpg

MEGS205FLATA.jpg

MEGS205FLATB.jpg

MEGS205CCSA1.jpg

MEGS205CCSA.jpg

MEGS205CCSB.jpg

HOODA.jpg

HoodB3.jpg

HoodB2.jpg

HoodB1.jpg

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
WHEELA.jpg

WHEELB.jpg

TAPEREMOVED.jpg

SHIFTERA.jpg

SHIFTERB.jpg

ROOFA1.jpg

ROOFB1.jpg

ROOFA.jpg

ROOFB.jpg

REARSEATA.jpg

REARSEATB.jpg

REARA.jpg

REARB.jpg

PSREARA.jpg

PSREARB.jpg

PSCARPETA.jpg

PSCARPETB.jpg

MRGS205FLATA.jpg

MENZPFFLATA2.jpg

MENZPFFLATA1.jpg

MENZPFFLATA.jpg

MENZPFFLATB.jpg

MENZPFCCSA4.jpg

MENZPFCCSA2.jpg

HeadlightA2.jpg

HeadlightA1.jpg

HeadlightB2.jpg

HeadlightB1.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Love This Thread! I have been hooked on the M 1-2 combo since I first used it. How do you like the flat pads I have always wanted to try them, My detailing isnt close to the volume of yours I have used the CCS pads forever. Do you ever use Kompressor pads? And one more thing. Sweet Garage!

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
Love This Thread! I have been hooked on the M 1-2 combo since I first used it. How do you like the flat pads I have always wanted to try them, My detailing isnt close to the volume of yours I have used the CCS pads forever. Do you ever use Kompressor pads? And one more thing. Sweet Garage!

I didn't even want to try the flats because I was so use to using the CCS pads. If you give them a try you will make the switch! Once my CCS pads are done I'm buying all flats. Unless someone here wants to purchase all my unopened CCS pads?? Thanks on teh garage too. I was tired of looking at the bare walls and decided it was time to brighten the place up. I thought it would be a good idea to but some of my work on the wall also for customers and as a decor...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Might be down for those CSS pads. Then I will have to get flat too hahahaha

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
strat81 said:
Very nice results.

What LSP did you use on top of the 205?

I used menzerna powerlock. This is a SOLID sealer and I use it on all my customers who use their cars as daily drivers or sit outside. For the customers with the show cars or garage kept cars I use pinnacle souveran. It gives a deeper gloss vs the menzerna and still adds months of protection.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.