Tesla Tru... What?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
...and here is a 'Famous Fan Video' from an Invitee who got the chance to Review the CyberTruck and show some personal Videos he shot as a Rear Seat Passenger of the Interior, the Windshield View and shots of what the Truck Bed looks like through that enormous chunk of Rear Window Glass while sharing the experience with (4) Occupants (Driver included) taking a short trip from the On Locale scene of this Debut. THIS was Pretty Cool:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Check Out this 2020 Tesla CyberTruck at 7:50 into this Video as it is being Unloaded (probably to a Very Lucky New Buyer...and for LESS than the Price of a Fully Decked out 2020 Chevrolet Silverado):

...and again at 19:45 into THIS One... PULLING AWAY AT SPEED....

Last edited:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I just can't stand that styling.

Reactions: mrrsm and Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I just can't stand that styling.
I think I would buy the Hummer EV first... But I am seriously looking at the Nikola Badger.

Reactions: christo829

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Now that is interesting just as long as I can turn off those side LEDs (looks ricer to me). It has a towing capacity of 8000# but no numbers for how far you can tow, which is always the problem with any EV.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I actually like it. Its just a rebadged, and slightly re-engineered, GMC Sierra as far as I can tell.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Probably a good idea to read about what is happening now with Nikola via the Wiki on their situation with General Motors before making that leap... starting with most recent resignation of the Company Founder:

"On September 21, 2020, Trevor Milton announced his resignation.[67] Nikola shares fell by another 35% following his resignation. Stephen Girsky, former vice-chairman of General Motors and Nikola board member, replaced Milton as chairman in a non-executive capacity.[68][69]"

Check out CNBC today for the latest on this company...

• Wow
Reactions: Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
It was expected and anticipated. Which is why Nikola sold 80% of the company to GM. GM needs the EPA Credits.

EDIT: All except the sexual misconduct that is coming out presently.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
And then theres this one... EV trucks coming out of the woodwork everywhere..
EnduranceMain08.0.jpg

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Is the windshield tinted? Geez, I guess you really don't want to be seen in it!

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Just a couple of Updates on the Tesla Cyber-Truck:

@Blckshdw might be interested in Elon & Munro discussing the "48 Volt" Phenomena involved in the Cyber-Truck's Engineering around 9:50 into this Video... Seems like we BOTH know what THIS is like from our use of the Ryobi Electric Riding Lawn Mower's Operational 48 Volt Electric Motor(s) Experience...

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
CT is the new Aztek.jpg

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, EV trucks are tanking in general.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This is one I didn't expect. The dealerships that invested in EVs are forked. The ones we have now will become like Trabants, littering the landscape.

Hydrogen is more the way to go however I can see one problem with them apart from those mentioned; as they produce water as their byproduct, it will freeze in cold climates.

I remember making hydrogen using electrolysis to separate the water molecules as a kid as a science experiment. Wonder why they're not looking at that method instead of using methane.

Rockrz

May 22, 2022
Country Town
I was reading the other day where Toyota has a way to make hydrogen on board the vehicle where you simply put water in the car's tank.

That would be a game changer because you wouldn't need to fill up with hydrogen, just water and the car makes it's own hydrogen.

This is probably where GM is heading

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This sums it up well...

412904327_10227674871591667_969446260968355584_n.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member