Tesla Model S Bursts into Flames in a Shanghai China Parking Garage...

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
On April 21st, 2019... apparently in a Parking Garage over in China... An unoccupied, White Tesla Model S suddenly experienced a flow of steam like gas emanating from under the bottom center of the vehicle and then it spontaneously bursts into a roaring exothermic, fully involved Car Fire.

Just wondering if this has been confirmed as an actual event caught on a Parking Garage Security Video Camera ...or whether or not it is something that has been created by Tesla Competitors in order to "Shanghai" and discredit the company's reputation for this electric vehicle. The Video has a very long lead in with a Black Screen prior to playing... so a little patience is in order here:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...deo-china-model-s-fire-shanghai-a8880786.html

Last edited:

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Given that China is dumping resources into the EV market with plans to lead the world in that particular segment of technology I'd say a clip of parking garage video would have to be treated skeptically. However, if memory serves there has been an incident or two domestically involving this model and fires. But quite literally one or two.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It was probably a cheap Chinese clone :laugh:

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
As I understand, this is the first and only incident of Tesla spontaneous combustion. Which in my view makes this very suspicious. All other Tesla fires occurred during collisions.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Guess they got a GM engineer working for them now? :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online