tech2 Lux amp programing help

holguinerito

Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
los angeles
hello hope everyone is doing ok . I recently got my tech2 one of the things i need to do in my 2004 H2 is to reprogram or vin relearn on a bose Lux amp i installed on my h2 . my truck came with the premiun amp i rewired the harnes to communicate with the new Lux amp and as expected after that i only get sound from the front passenger speaker as far as i had learn this is how the truck lets me know i need to reprogram the amp to my truck . do i need to download anything or is this something i can do with just the tech 2 ? thanks in advance .

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Is the replacement amp the same as the original one? If not, it may not work if the truck never came with it. If it was an option for that year, you might have to reprogram the amp, radio and BCM to work together.

If you're trying to go from a non-Lux to a Lux, it may not work because of what was available that year.

Reactions: mrrsm

holguinerito

Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
los angeles
The amp was available for my year 04 but this one was from a escalade not a hummer . i can see the amp on the tech2 but when i go to special functions i cant see vin relearn all i see is F0 Microphone test .

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You need to use Tis2000 to do that. It's like replacing a module. It's a full reprogram and relearn.

Reactions: mrrsm

holguinerito

Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
los angeles
This what i did today . My truck is a 04 hummer h2 I got the amp from a escalade. I build a 05 escalade profile on the tech2 and the option for amp relearn became available that solved the problem. Now i get sound from all the speakers. So what i had learned till today from putting Newer gm nav radios and amps and other things on older trucks is that you need to build a profile on the Tech2 from the vehicle the part came from or otherwise some options may not be available. Thanks for the replys

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online