tech2 amp and onstar programin help

holguinerito

Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
los angeles
hi i just got a lux amp installed on my 2004 H2 the amp was from an escalade i think so now i need the steps to do the programing of the amp on the tech2 , im also swaping my old analog Onstar unit with a newer unit from a junkyard and was told that i need to do a vin relearn otherwise the light may stay red and onstar will see my truck as the truck the unit came from so i also need the info on how to perform the vin relarn ... if anyone can help please let me know ..

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome!

Although I have never programmed either of these, it should be similar to programming other modules using the Tis2000 program with the Tech 2 as a passthrough. Program them as new modules and follow the prompts. It should ask you to enter the VIN.

Reactions: holguinerito

holguinerito

Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
los angeles
mooseman thanks for the welcoming and fast reply . i should off explained a bit more before asking my question . as off now all i have is the tech2win software on my laptop i also have a cable on order from amazon to communicate with the truck i have no knowledge of how to do much with this , using a friends actual tech2 tool i was able follow the steps to do a vin relearn on a new nav radio i installed thats the only time i had used a tech2 ... as far as TIS2000 i dont have the software yet ...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.