Tech 2 BPP Calibration not available??

jrobie79

Original poster
Oct 11, 2019
New Hampshire
I have a 2011 Escalade, that I recently had tuned (mailed out ECM/PCM to have DOD/AFM disabled, and the rear cats deleted since I have an off road Y-Pipe) that I'm trying to diagnose a P057C code "Brake Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage". I replaced the sensor with a new OE Unit, p/n 25799118. Went to calibrate it with my Tech 2, and when I selected my Vehicle there's no option for BPP calibration:

F0: Diagnostics ->
Model Year: (B): 2011 ->
Vehicle Type: LD Trk, MPV, Incomplete ->
Product Make: Cadillac ->
Product Line: 4 ->
Product Series: Escalade ->
F1: Body ->
Body Control Module ->
F5: Module Setup ->This results in the following:

1 Copy.jpg

If I change the model year to 2012 and leave everything else the same, I get the following:

2 Copy.jpg

So I performed the calibration, never asked me to apply the brake pedal or anything (I thought I read on a corvette forum that you have to apply the brakes twice) and once complete and codes cleared P057C still pops up.

Not sure if these photos are relevant to my problem, but I did notice it says "VSES Failed", and BPP signal changes to "APPLIED" and "RELEASED" according to brake pedal input:

VSES.jpg BPP Applied.jpg BPP released.jpg

If I go to Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) before I select Module Setup, it says there are no codes, however when I scan for all codes in the Vehicle Control System the P057C code comes up in the ECM heading.

I'm going to swap my old "untuned" ECM/PCM and see if the code is still there, if it is, I'm at a loss, if not, I'll talk to the guy who tuned it and go from there.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
(1) Check that P057C against ANY Historical, Durable Codes for other Modules kept in the PCM Memory vs. the Body Wiring Diagrams for ANY COMMONALITY between them ... Grounds in particular:

(2) View THIS Video and *Check* YOUR *Check-List* against everything THIS Dude explains and see if you missed any of the Steps and Follow Up Actions:

Download IT, Save IT and Play IT on SLO-MO as this Guy runs a Dialogue like he is "Going To The Chair..." and his coverage of things here is DENSE:

(3) Check your Original "Step-By-Steps" for using the Tech 2 against THIS Amazing "TECH2paths.PDF" for "Key By Key" accuracy and completeness... and SAVE THIS PDF!

THIS is also an Excellent ACDelco Resource Link (Examine EACH and EVERY Tab) :

Attachments

• TECH2 Paths.pdf
    490.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Caveat Emptor:

NONE of these actions will work IF the Vehicle Battery is NOT providing Greater than Nominal Voltage! (12.6 Volts DC). If possible, after a Solid Battery Re-Charge, use a Battery Maintainer (13.5 Volts DC) during ALL PCM and BCM Re-Calibration Procedures.

NOTE:

Do NOT Power the Tech 2 through the Scan Tool Base DC Power-In Port. Instead... Run the DC Power in through the Bottom of the Tech 2 DLC Cable Port Connector DIRECTLY VIA POWER AND GROUND CABLES ATTACHED TO A CHARGED UP VEHICLE BATTERY instead of using the Cigarette Lighter as the 12 PLUS Volts DC Power Source via B+ at Pin 16 and Grounds at Pins 4 & 5 of the DLC Body Interface:

Go over ALL of the Fuse Box Panels in the Vehicle and Check EVERY SINGLE FUSE for any Burn-Outs. If anything is found, Check those against the GM OEM Wiring Diagrams for any Commonality with the BPP. Disconnect the Negative Battery Cable for 30 Minutes B4 Re-Attachment and try the Post Start Up Check Up actions using the Tech 2 searching for anything unusual, Code-Wise... and then, Try the BPP Re-Calibration once more.

These are the focused Screen Prints taken from the Above Video:

SNAPONBPPRELEARN1.jpgSNAPONBPPRELEARN2.jpgSNAPONBPPRELEARN3.jpgSNAPONBPPRELEARN4.jpg

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm thinking maybe it's under a different module for the recalibration. You've already tried under the BCM, try under the menus for the ABS and the PCM. Sometimes these things can be under different menus and since it's a P powertrain code, it could be in the PCM. It's possible that for 2012, it was moved under the BCM.

Reactions: jrobie79 and mrrsm

jrobie79

Original poster
Oct 11, 2019
New Hampshire
I'm thinking maybe it's under a different module for the recalibration. You've already tried under the BCM, try under the menus for the ABS and the PCM. Sometimes these things can be under different menus and since it's a P powertrain code, it could be in the PCM. It's possible that for 2012, it was moved under the BCM.
Plugged in my "untuned" ECM/PCM (what's it actually called?) and the code is gone. Tuner is gonna figure it out. The sensor is now brand new haha, so I have that going for me. But I'll have to deal with the light for another 2 weeks. Could be worse

Reactions: mrrsm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Strange that a tune would affect that unless it had the wrong tune to begin with, like for another year that had that sensor (i.e. 2012 vs 2011). I guess it's possible.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online